reading fathers name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reading fathers name

im doing a friend's tree, and have got stuck on the marriage cert of her great grandparents.

28 jan 1910, gisborne, new zealand. albert read, 26, b.1884, bristol, england. bachelor and labourer, residence, gisborne. parents: something neumond? read, labourer and fanny read, m.n. unknown.
    bride was linda (ottawa) parkes, age 21, parents george parkes and margaret parkes "mumford".

there is only one albert read plus variants born around 1884 in bristol, was the son of charles richards read and elizabeth fanny weymouth johns. and the father's name on the cert does not look like charles!!

the second word in the father's name could be an 'n', it looks like the 'n' for new zealand on the cert, but it could also be a 'w', maybe weymouth?

There is a Henry Weymouth Read on freeBMD - b 1882 Bedminster registration district
    Elaine

Comment

Yes, before I'd looked at Elaine's reply I thought Henry Weymouth Read as well.

Anne

Comment

I also read it as Henry Weymouth Read before I read what was written about him
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

the henry weymouth read elaine found, would be albert's brother if he is the one listed as charles richards read and fanny's son. so i guess the question is, why would the brother's name be entered? or better yet, is albert the son of charles and fanny? or am i clutching at straws here?

Comment

Working...
          X