Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George McDade marriage help please

Hello all

I was was just wondering if anyone could please do me a huge favour and do a quick lookup on Scotlands people for me?
    Sorry to be cheeky but I have found a marriage between a George McDade to a Agnes Kelly on the banns and marriages.
    I was just after the info thats comes with it, I would be very greatful.

Many thanks in advance
    Danny
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Sorry Danny, I don't understand - what info that comes with it do you mean?
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Sorry Herky, I mean the parents names and occupations etc..... Again Im sorry for being cheeky.

Danny

Comment

Quiffdo

Not sure if you are aware that Scotlands People is a pay per view site and there are no subs available, so anyone looking this up will have to pay for the info.

OC

Comment

Hiya OC

I am sorry I thought it was also a membership site like Findmypast, not a problem I will see about getting some credit for the marriage.

Danny

Comment

Danny if you give me the full names and roughly what year and where about I could have a look for you

Steven

Comment

Had a quick look and found a marriage pre 1855 which means it doesn't gives parents name etc

The date I had was 14/10/1854 in Neilston, Renfrew. If I used some credits and viewed the image it would only give the names of the two people getting married. After 1855 its a lot better and has names of parents etc

Sorry I couldn't help more

Steven

Comment

Thats not a problem Steven, thankyou for having a look for me, its much appreciated.

Danny

Comment

Danny if you PM me with your email address I will send on the 1880 marriage to you

Steven

Comment

Danny also found the death of Agnes McDade (Kelly) for you which confirms her parents

Steven

Comment

Danny with my last credits I also found the death of George McDade - it seems he was killed in an accident and I have the entry the records of corrected entries which I have emailed onto you

Steven
                      Last edited by stevie2006; 09-08-10, 20:54.

Comment

I have PM'd you Steven

Thank you for all of this.

Danny

Comment

Danny you weren't being cheeky, I just wondered what you were looking for specifically.
                          The OPR's (Old Parish Registers) can have a varied amount of detail. Some may have occupations and witnesses and other may simply say eg - John Smith and Jane White and the date.
                          Once you get to statutory registration then the info improved greatly.
                          Good luck with your searches.
                          herky
                          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I still feel a bit cheeky :-) Scottish family history is a bit better for details from what the registers give, shame the english ones are not so informative.

Danny

Comment

but the english ones are more consistent in the info they give, and start in the 17th century, not the 19th!

Comment

Some of the Scottish OPRs were just used by the minister or session clerk to record payment for the baptism etc.
                                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Some of the OPRs do mention parents.....I have a few marriages where the fathers (and their occupations) were listed -and the witness names were very suggestive...and births where both father and mother, complete with her maiden name, were given.

And all of these could be accessed by ordering in the relevant film(s) from the LDS FHC....often very good value for money, compared with Scotland's People, as the records might span many years and show an entire family line.

You are correct re the consistency of the record keeping, Kyle....but I know my Campsie OPRs reached well back into the 1700s and perhaps earlier, for all I know, if I could have read the script :Big Grin:
                                  Last edited by Macbev; 11-08-10, 03:17.

Beverley

Comment

haha, bev you are lucky they existed!! my scottish lot are from the highlands and isles, i was lucky if the pr's were around at 1830!, and if they were older, my lot werent in 'em!!

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                      haha, bev you are lucky they existed!! my scottish lot are from the highlands and isles, i was lucky if the pr's were around at 1830!, and if they were older, my lot werent in 'em!!
                                      They could well have been from a seceding sect (not mainstream Church of Scotland), so their records wouldn't be in the OPRs on ScotlandsPeople.
                                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                                      X