LDS Pilot site....any one else having trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS Pilot site....any one else having trouble

with it? Everytime I go in there my computer "Freezes"??
    Jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Hi Jackie, no problems with it this morning, have just been on it for the first time following your query,seems to work fine.
    Marilyn

Comment

Site relies on Flash and Java Script.
      1. Make sure that you have the latest version of Flash player installed (free download fron www.adobe.com).
      2. If using IE, are you saying 'yes' if script block message coming up? If other browser type, is it allowing scripts to run?

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

It is very slow to load each page - I could lose the will to live .... if it wasn't so fascinating!

Anne

Comment

just to be awkward , i,ve been on it till now with no probs it might be to do with the sections your using only a few days ago i couldn,t get into pilot for the norfolk records so sent an e mail and the reply was they were uploading more records on to the site but all well a couple of hrs later
          bertiemo

Comment

I used this successfully at Kew as my home puter isn't happy with it (don't ask) and also at my local library. It's a bit of a bore waiting for pages to load, but although using microfilm makes it quicker to whizz back and forth to the pages you want, its also a faff getting to a records office and loading the microfilm.

I'm just glad its a) available and b) free.

As someone who started her family history over 10 years ago, when you had to go and lug hefty ledgers about at the Family Records Centre to find certificate indexes, when only 2 or so censuses were online (and only one transcription of one census was free) and there were no free indexes online for any county archives I am living in heaven now!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Ah that must be it, cause when I Ctrl Alt Del a quick sign comes up about adobe....Thought I was Up to date tho..I will check it out.
              Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

I wish you could jump to a specific page.

Docking marriage register is 256 pages and I got up to page 103.
                When I returned, needed to click through all 103 pages to continue, with the 'pause' between each of them it took ages.
                Or am I missing something in the navigation of scanned image pages that is a short-cut?

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor - you can jump to a page number. Change the number in the top RH corner and then press return on your keyboard. I can't find anywhere on the page to click to make it go to the number you put in, but Return does the trick.

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                    Trevor - you can jump to a page number. Change the number in the top RH corner and then press return on your keyboard. I can't find anywhere on the page to click to make it go to the number you put in, but Return does the trick.

Anne
                    Doh!
                    It's the obvious thing, but then again it was a late nighter when I was doing this.

Though I just noticed it shows only in the minimised format, if in 'full screen' you do not have the option and I had switched to that when I was scrolling back through the pages

Thanks
                    Ann
                    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 09-08-10, 14:29.

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                    X