Ancestry subscriptions - reduced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry subscriptions - reduced?

Have just been checking the price of an Ancestry subscription for a friend and it seems they have reduced their online prices - not sure if it's just an offer or a permanent reduction.

Essentials UK package - £75.00
    Premium UK package - £99.00
    Worldwide package - £130.00

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
    Elaine

Lets hope it's permanent Elaine.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be consistent because when I check on my own account it gives an upgrade to Worldwide as £155.00 which is what it always used to be - so maybe these are just offers. :(
      Elaine

Comment

I don't have the same prices, Elaine. Just the usual ones. I have managed without Ancestry for 9 months and I have been so busy with other sites it hasn't really bothered me, except for London records.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I couldn't live without Ancestry myself.

Comment

Just had an email for renewal. I have worldwide sub and the price is still £155.

Comment

Well not sure what is going on, but I have just clicked on the link that I posted in post #1 and the prices are now ......

Essentials 99.00 pounds
              Premium 129.00 pounds
              Worldwide 189.00 pounds

They must be joking!

Is everyone seeing the same prices?
              Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
              Elaine

Comment

If I go to my Ancestry account and log out, and then click on Subscribe - I am getting the prices in the previous post! :(
                Elaine

Comment

I get a blank page with a heading saying sign up now ???

Comment

If I click on your link it says £75, £99, £139. Valid from 19 July 2010.
                    Last edited by Dancing Sheila; 07-08-10, 19:53. Reason: Extra info
                    Sheila

Taking a pause from tripping the light fantastic.

Comment

wonder why I cannot see that ?

Comment

The prices I've been quoted if I want to re-subscribe are:-

£83.40
                        £107.40
                        £155.40

Why are everyone's different?
                        Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

I think the lower rates are intended to be for first-time subscribers, which is why Elaine's only getting them when she logs out. I seem to remember that last time I checked, the different Ancestry sites were giving different prices (even allowing for the exchange rate), so it's worth checking ancestry.com, ancestry.ca, and ancestry.com.au as well as ancestry.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Mary.
                            Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

My sub ended in June, i've logged out & am still getting the full prices.
                              Jay

Comment

I couldn't manage without Ancestry but as I can access it at my local library now I think when my sub is due I will spend the money on getting some much-needed certs instead.
                                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

When my renewal for Ancestry came up earlier this year I renewed via Quidco and got a 20% discount even though I already had an ancestry account.
                                  Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

I'm using my daughter's computer at the moment and she's never even accessed the Ancestry site. I still see the full prices - no deals.
                                    Jenny

Comment

My ancestry subs have run out but im unable to afford to subscribe again this time round...I do miss it though but my local library has it for free...

Researching/ MADGWICK, RAMUS, PONT, MITCHELL, CHAMPION, GOSSLING, VAN STAADEN.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                                        I couldn't manage without Ancestry but as I can access it at my local library now I think when my sub is due I will spend the money on getting some much-needed certs instead.
                                        That's what I decided to do.

I do miss the ease of getting at the info from home, but I still have FMP and there's a great deal of other info about, so it made sense to make the change. It just annoys me that there's no financial recognition of the contribution made by people who send in corrections - just a "thank you" email.

Christine
                                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                                        X