Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone able to go to the Suffolk records office, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone able to go to the Suffolk records office, please?

I am trying to find a marriage.
    I have a Susan Goodchild, father William, who was born around 1815, in Dennington, Suffolk.
    She had two children, with a John Cook, but I can't find a marriage, for them. The first son was born in 1836, and was William Cook, the second child 1838, and was Samuel. Both born in Dennington Suffolk.
    Both records give the parents as John Cook and Susan Goodchild.
    I am thinking, that maybe they never married, but don't want to discount that, until I have had someone double check, for me.
    I would think the marriage would have been around 1832-1840?
    In 1848 Susan married a David Woolard, in Bethnal Green. On the census it gives her as coming from Dennington.

Is it possible for anyone to look up a marriage for Susan/Susannah, to a John Cook, and maybe find her birth record, please. Thank you very much for your time.
    Last edited by karane; 06-08-10, 16:09. Reason: forgot to add place of birth, for the children.

Hi
    Glen (Oakham Picker) has offered to do look ups for Suffolk on the 'Research Offers' board.

He has done some for me and is very good. If you add to his thread he will add it to his list.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

You've just missed out; I've been in Suffolk all week but am leaving first thing in the morning. If you are in no hurry add your request to my thread as Lin suggests. I come to Lowestoft several times a year & shall probably be back in the next few weeks.
      I see the IGI has a patron submitted entry for John COOK & Susan GOODCHILD 29/1/1833 Badingham which as there is an exact date seems likely to be true.
      Glen

Comment

Hi to you both, thanks for thaL Lin,
        Yes I saw that, Oakum PIcker.
        The only thing with that is, obviously as it is only submitted, I am always a little wary, but also, why would both the children be christened under the parents two separate names. The christenings being 1835, 1838, the marriage being 1833. Perhaps it IS right, but just wanted to be sure
        If you were able to look up them, for me, I would be very grateful, thank you so much.

Comment

Yes, you are right to be wary of patron submitted entries but the least reliable are those without an exact date & where the baptism is guessed as being in the same place as the marriage. Even extracted ones should be checked against originals & this I'll do next time I'm in Suffolk. I have moved your request to my thread on 'Offers' & it's there you will have to look to find the answer as this thread will be long gone by then.
          Glen

Comment

Thank you for that, Glen, I appreciate that.
            I have found another baptism, which was in 1834, a Joanna Cook, born to a John Cook and Susan Goodchild. So not sure, if this means that they never did get married, as all the baptisms seem to say the same thing. Do you still get a notification when the answer goes to Q and As, as not sure of this site, it is my first posting, I can check, back, anyway, it is not a problem.
            I will wait to hear from, when you have had the chance to go, again, to the records office. Thank you

Comment

I usually put another thread on here saying: Suffolk RO Lookups - Results with the names of those I have info. for.

I also put a thread on here informing everyone of my next trip so they'll know when to check the 'Offers' Forum.
              Last edited by Oakum Picker; 10-08-10, 09:28.
              Glen

Comment

Thank you Glen, for your time, and your help. By the way did find another birth for Samuel's parents, John Cook, and Susan Goodchild, which was for Joanna born 1834, in Dennington. thanks again, I will now keep a look out, on the Suffolk RO look ups boards.

Comment

Working...
                X