Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

I am having real problems finding my Husbands family I am stuck at his Grandfather how will I get a birth certificate for him when I do not Know his parents names .I think he was born in Ireland but I have been unable to find him on any Irish records . The only information I have for him is on his mariage certificate and his parents names are unreaable .Can anyone point me in any direction
    Regards Lynda

can you scan the unreadable names and let us see if we can read them ?
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

You think he was born in Ireland? What makes you say that? Where did he marry? Where did he die?
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Little Nell. Edward Johnstone Conniss married Isabella Barr Greenwood in Murikirk 2 june1909 he died in Snaith west yorks in the early 701s.His brother James W Conniss military records show his place of birth as Galway, and his Sisters address in 1918 is Limerick that is why I think he was born in Ireland .All 3 brothers moved to England, James joined the army in Lanarkshire he was Living at New Farm East Kilbride Lanarkshire prior to joining he died in 1918 killed in action.
        Thankyou for replying
        Lynda

Comment

Hi Mike will scan the certificate when My Husband gets home

Comment

How sure are you on the surname spelling? It's just that there are no Conniss's on the Ireland 1911 or 1901 census, however there is this family under the name of Connis http://www.census.nationalarchives.i...nduff/1371260/ which includes and Edward and a James, both born Galway. And in fact they are the only Connis family at all. From there you could follow up through the Irish BMD's on the Family Search Pilot site to see where you get to.

Kate x
            Last edited by Kate P; 06-08-10, 13:24.

Comment

Hi Kate, Only know family with this name all family spell it with 2 s`s Edwards marriage cert spells it with 2 s . Will have a look at national archives . Thankyou

Comment

Hi Kate had a quick look it might be them Edward was a Master shoemaker only brother Samual missing
                Lynda

Comment

There is some quite useful information in brother James' service record (assuming I'm looking at the right record)

Apart from the sister, Mary, there were brothers Edward, Samuel and David. Also mentioned are some uncles and aunts which may help to piece the jigsaw together.

There are a couple of marriages on FreeBMD which may be the brothers and may help with tracing the parents. On the FamilySearch Pilot site there is also a 1922 Limerick marriage for a Mary Conniss, although I don't know anything about how you might get a certificate for that or what information it might hold
                  Jackie

Comment

There is also a letter from Samuel enquiring about his brother's death in which he says he (Samuel) was invalided out of the Royal Marines.

That being the case, this may be his record at the National Archives and which can be downloaded for £3.50 (again, I don't know what it will tell you)

Jackie

Comment

Hi I have James service records also the letter from Samual also a letter from Mary enquireing about her brothers death my problem is getting a birth certificate for Edward I have not been able to find his place of birth .Thankyou.
                      This is Edwards Marriage certPict0001.jpg

Comment

edward albert gahuston? coniss was the son of david william conniss, a deceased master shoemaker and blank first name conniss, maiden name looks like garin? gavin?

Comment

I think it says Edward Albert Johnston Conniss. I can't make out the other names though.
                          My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

i dont think the mothers given name was known.

Comment

Mother's maiden name looks like Gavin to me....with given name left blank. Agree with Sue re Edward Albert Johnston Conniss

Beverley

Comment

Thankyou all for looking his name was Edward Albert Johnston Conniss thought his fathers name was David but not sure not very clear on certificate. I think its a little odd he did not know his Mothers Christian name because I have seen them living with stepfather so i have assumed that their Mother remarried .

Comment

Working...
                                X