Thomas Hopkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Hopkins

Hello , I am trying to find the birth and death of Thomas Hopkins born C 1841 in Ireland. On the 1881 census he is listed as a Tailor and living with his wife Mary + 7 children in Liverpool . On the 1891 census Mary is head on the house and Thomas is missing . On his daughters Ann's GRO marriage certificate in 1893 he was still alive, and still living in Liverpool not listed as being dead .
    Can you please help
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Are you sure he was a Tailor? Could he have been a Sailor? Lots of census takers wrote in a style which is confusing...I have people in my family tree whom we thought were tailors and turned out to be sailors!
    Good luck!
    Ros

Comment

Hi Ros Thanks for that ,I agree that you could be right, I have had another look at the marriage certidicate and to be quite honest it could be a S or a T , but this children were born in Litchfield and and in Derbyshire, not places I would have thought connected with the sea. I could be wrong
      Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila from Down Under View Post
        On his daughters Ann's GRO marriage certificate in 1893 he was still alive, and still living in Liverpool not listed as being dead .
        Even though he may not have been shown as deceased on the daughter's marriage certificate, it doesn't mean he wasn't! It's also unusual for his place of residence to be shown on a marriage certificate.
        Elaine

Comment

If you look at the image of the 1881 census the occupation is definitely Tailor, not Sailor.
          RG11; Piece: 3644; Folio: 58; Page: 46
          Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine that's what I thought . I am sorry I think that I miss lead you the marriage was at St Nicholas 7 Aug 1893 in Liverpool , where Thomas Hopkins was living I don't know ???? Ann Hopkins was 21 year old and had no profession according to the certificate. I still can't find him anywhere .
            I'm of to bed as it's 11 pm
            Nite Nite
            Sheila

Comment

Good Morning , I guess that no one has found Thomas Hopkins???? What a pity ,1 more for the to hard basket
              Thanks for trying
              Sheila

Comment

Working...
              X