cant find death in indexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant find death in indexes

i tried to order the death for anne westwick in 1863 guiseborough today, but i couldnt find it in the indexes! i have her burial in june 1863 in guiseborough but i just cant find the death im pretty sure ive seen the entry before, but now i cant find it? can anyone help?

she was with her daughter hannah dodds in the 1861. anne was born 1786 in guiseborough.

How strange! I can find her burial - 15 Jun 1863 Guisborough - but have checked the images of all four quarters in 1863 and she's not there.
    Can't find anything else to match either!
    Elaine

Comment

I suspect the info got lost before it reached the GRO.

You might be better off contacting the relevant local register office for help.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

My ggg grandfather was buried in 1856 - I've seen the PR record entry. However his death was never registered. Its not on the GRO index and contacting the local register offices (its on the boundary of a couple) drew a blank as well. :( Sadly I have to conclude it was just never registered and be grateful I found the burial - he was 85.

Anne

Comment

I've checked on Tees Valley Indexes http://www.teesvalley-indexes.co.uk/index.php & she's not on there, tho I know the coverage for deaths isn't 100% & records for Guisborough events even less so.

Maybe worth emailing Guisborough RO & have them check their registers

registrars@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk
          Jay

Comment

thanx for the help and advice everyone, ive emailed the local registrar, hopefully ill know soon!

Comment

I also had this problem with my great great grand parents - no sign of a marriage at GRO (I even had the exact date from a family bible) but found it by visiting the local office.
              Good luck that you find yours.
              herky
              Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Did she die at home? Could she have died somewhere else, but her body brought home for burial?

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

shed lived in guiseborough for her whole life from what i know..........i got a reply from the registrar, they couldnt locate the entry. they asked for the information i had on her, but i doubt they will anything!

Comment

It's not that those GRO index pages have been retranscribed into type/print, because both June & Sept are in script.

I wondered if she might have got mistranscribed as WESTWELL - but the Sept 1863 one in Leigh was only 22, per Lancs BMD.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                    X