Wots going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wots going on?

:( This morning Ive been typing some letters for OH and every time I went to open an old file (to check stuff) the puter froze and I had to switch off and on again

At one point I didnt bother to switch off, sat here a minute or so and it unfroze on its own.

BUT the other weird thing was as I typed a letter, it kept rolling up and down the page, if you know what I mean. I dont know whats up. I know we had some MS updates yesterday - would that cause all this though?

Im currently running anti spy ware through the puter but I dont think it will be that.

Help please?

Could be that the hard drive is failing...

Comment

What? Its only 2 years old Velma!

Comment

I've had hard drives fail newer than that... :(

Comment

Oh gawd, surely its something less evil than that :(

Comment

The trick with this Heather is to see if it persists over a period of time (say a week).. if it does then it could need looking into, but its not worth getting in a tiz over what could be an isolated incident...
            https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Heather,

Since I put the new free version of Avast on my PC just freezes and unfreezes just like that. I think it is where they block so much these days that they interrupt the system in some way.

I posted a thread a few months ago about my Google Home Page that just flick to and fro while I am on line for no known reason.

It will not be long and computers will be on the way out as they need so much protection they just cannot operate the system.
              Margaret N
              DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi there, well it was ok last night but just then as I was typing a letter on word it froze. It was a two page letter which hadnt been saved so I just sat and waited and after 30 seconds it came alive again. It only seems to be on the word processor, not actually on the the net?

Comment

Perhaps try a scan to see if you've got any gemlins in the works.
                  Margaret

Comment

Done all that margaret. Ive got Kaperskys internet security on all the time. Ive run anti spy ware and malwarebytes and none of them are finding anything amiss at all. Ive also done a registry clean up (240 errors!) and though the puter is running faster in itself, I had the freeze up when I use word. Its very odd. I see on another forum that a number of people are experiencing something similar in the last few days so it may well be the MS update I spose.

Comment

Working...
                    X