1911 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census

Why can I find no record of my father, Redvers Edgar Philip Potter born 1900, or my grandmother Jessie Sabina Potter, nee Pothecary born 1871 on the 1911 census? There must be an explanation which escapes me for the moment.

Regards

Alan P
    Taunton, Somerset

Have you any idea where they were living at the time. It must be a mistranscription.
    Margaret

Comment

Have you tried the "less is more" approach, by starting off with dates plus parts of names, and gradually adding more information until FMP produces a list you can trawl through? If you subscribe to GenesReunited, their 1911 search is a bit different and produces birthplace as well as current location.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Is Sidney V Potter born ca 1895 his brother, they are a few houses apart in 1901.

In 1911 Sidney is the adopted son of George & Julia Furnell.

Maybe Redvers was adopted too & under a different surname on the 1911 census.
        Jay

Comment

Jessie's doing a very good job of hiding as she appears to have married in 1927 under Pothecary & Potter
          Jay

Comment

Is it possible he/the family was using one of his other given names?? He appears to have died as Edgar Redvers P in 1981 and in a quick look (providing he married in England/Wales) doesn't seem to have married as Redvers either???

Cheers
            Sue

Comment

My abject apologies for having been away from FTF for so long. I can put a partial closure on this thread in that I have traced my father in the 1911 census. He was listed as Philip Cotter! Not quite so lucky with Jessie though she still eludes me.

Regards

Alan P

Comment

Welcome back to FTF Alan,

as you now have found your father as a Cotter then its likely that she'll be mistranscribed somewhere.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Using the free search on the 1911 census website I can see a JESSE POTHECARY born c1870 living in Andover, Hants.
                  Any good?
                  Elaine

Comment

forget that - Jesse is male!
                    Elaine

Comment

Working...
                    X