Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2010 Magazine is published

barnardo-fr2.jpg

The August issue of our online magazine, published today, contains four interesting stories relating to Dr. Barnado’s. As well as a general article about the life of Dr. Barnado we have three different accounts of life in the organisation, one of which is personal memoirs from one of our members who emigrated to Australia with her siblings under the care of the Dr. Barnado scheme.

Other articles include an account and memories of Peppard Hospital, blacksmiths in the family, ancestral connections to “The Whiteinch Murder “ and family secrets uncovered.

As usual, we welcome feedback and I am sure that the authors would love to hear from you too!!

The Editors
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I've just spent the last hour or so reading August 2010 edition and was enthralled with ever item published.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories with us all....and keep up the good work!
    teresa

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Teresa

Comment

Another very interesting issue - thanks to all the magazine team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
          Another very interesting issue - thanks to all the magazine team.
          Thank you Mary - but without the authors, like yourself, we would have no magazine to put together!!
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I wasn't one of them this issue, though

Comment

I enjoyed that read....`with a little help from my friends ` was especially a good read...told from the heart.....well done Jennie.......allan
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thanks Allan - please that you enjoyed it

Comment

Thankyou Allan, I really wanted to tell people just how much I have had help and it is also a way to thank the people who helped. It is fantastic that there are such nice, helpful people who are willing to help.
                  Jen

Comment

Working...
                  X