Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving an image from Ancestry

Can anyone help before I lose the plot

I am trying to save an image from Ancestry. I click on save and then choose location as desktop and then when I complete the save process nothing is there. I have made Ancestry a Trusted Site but just won't appear.

Running Windows 7

Can anyone help

Steven

have you tried searching for downloads ?

Comment

Steven,

Have you tried going to File and selecting SAVE AS or it may appear on your drop down menu on the mouse. Then follow the jargon and it should appear with luck in 'Pictures'.
      I did read somewhere that some people were having problems in general with downloading and it was not until they switched on again (or rebooted) that the image appeared. Don't ask me where they go in between times.

Good Luck,
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Steven,

It sounds like it could be the same issue that occurs in Vista and Internet Explorer when Protected Mode is enabled, although I'm not sure as you're running Windows 7 and you don't say which browser you're using.
        If you're using Internet Explorer, have you tried a different browser (such as Google Chrome or Firefox) to see if that helps?

Also check out these threads for information on the issue with Protected Mode and how to disable it:

Enter "Protected Mode" in the search box at the top right of this page for more threads on this issue.
        Sarah

Comment

If you are trying to save copies of the census don't bother with "save as" just right click on the image and then "save image as" it will then give you the option of were to save it too, best regards

Comment

Thanks guys will look into. Have tried the simple approach of right click and save but it onoy comes up with "properties"

Steven

Comment

Steven,

I think if you take a quick look at our names you will note that we are not all 'guys'.
              Margaret N
              DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I had the same problem with Windows 7 and IE7 so got a fix put on but then it went off again so now I use Google Chrome (browser) and find I can right click to save an image.
                Margaret

Comment

Margaret I knew it wasn't all gentlemen - guys is just a name I use collectively for a group of men and women. Certainly no offence intended.

Steven

Comment

Val tried the link you suggested but no luck. Its like it is saving it to somewhere I cannot find. When I try the search function I still cannot find the images.

When I try to save the image again and use the same name on the file it says it exists so it must be somewhere. I have tried to put Ancestry as a trusted site and also changed the compatibility setting but no luck

Steven

Comment

Hi Steven,
                      It sounds exactly like what happens in Vista with Internet Explorer if Protected Mode is enabled. Did you check out the links in my previous post (#5).
                      If it is in fact the same issue, it should be easily solved by disabling Protected Mode in Internet Explorer or by using a different browser (like Firefox or Google Chrome).
                      Sarah

Comment

Sarah you are a genius I was going into Protected Mode then trusted sites and unchecking the box instead of going into Protected Mode and then simply unchecking the first box I came across. That will teach me not to read instructions correctly from the experts on the forum lol

Thanks

Steven

Comment

Working...
                        X