Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still asking for help with my HALE mystery,WDWTYA continued..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still asking for help with my HALE mystery,WDWTYA continued..

Hello folks, way back in March 2009 I was lucky enough to be able to post my problem family on WDWTYA & had some really great input from members. I have continued to do some serious research & have now found the birth cert of my granddad Samuel Hale, but I still have a lot of questions/problems & would really appreciate your help....

Samuel Hale born 21/06/1889 in Union Workhouse West Bromwich, no father named & his mother was Jemima Hale.

1891 Union Worhouse WQest Bromwich.
    Jemima Hale, single, Domestic Servant, aged 36 (FMP says 26) b W/B
    Samuel Hale, 1, b W/B
    NOTE: There is a Jemima Hale on the 1881 in the workhouse aged 27.

1901 Sandy Lane Aston Birmingham
    George Hinton, 47, Potman/Barman b Glos
    JANE HINTON, 47, Char, b W/B ( is this JEMIMA ????) No marriage found !
    SAMUEL HALE HINTON, 11, b W/B

1911 21 Lombard Street Birmingham.
    James Willis, 67, b Worcs.
    JANE WILLIS, 58, Char, b Stafford (shire) No marriage found !
    Philip Willis, 11, b B'ham. NOTE: I have found Philip on the 1901 & his mother is NOT Jane.
    SAMUEL HALE, 21, Boarder, Single, b Stafford (shire)
    NOTE:
    Samuel filled out the census.

So there is my problem....When did JEMIMA become JANE (or did she) her age is pretty consistent & her place of birth does not change. The other problem is I cannot find a mention of Jemima before 1881 when she appears in the Union workhouse for the 1st time.......any help with finding her will be much appreciated...fingers crosed that you can help me once again...

Margaret.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

what about from freebmd

Jemima Hales b jun 1854 west brom 6b 599

on 1861 as Jamima Hales age 7
    rg9 2025 122 17
    Last edited by dopeyploppy; 03-08-10, 20:44.
    Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

WOW!! Thank you Jayne....on FMP the family is called KATES & Jemima is down as LAMONICA !!! I really feel I am now getting somewhere. Thank you again. The birth is looking good as well. Brilliant....

Margaret.
      Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

I am now fairly certain that with Jayne's help I have found the family of Jemima Hale, but I still cannot locate Jemima on the 1871, she is not with her parents at this time...can anyone supply the miracle of finding her, please??

Margaret.

Comment

Working...
        X