No announcement yet.

Charles H & Frank E Bailey in the USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles H & Frank E Bailey in the USA.

Hi , I have now found my missing Blacksmith Daniel Bailey who popped up in the USA .With a lot of help from FTF,But I can't find 2 of his 3 children Charles H Bailey born 1869 in Lyon Michigan,by the 1910 census he was divoiced from his wife Maud Burns b 1881 born in Salem Massachusetts, and Frank E Bailey b 1879 in New Hudson Michigan Can anyone please find out when they died or anything about them . At sometime about 1900 they all lived in Milford Oakland County Michigan , were Daniel, William & Frank were Blacksmiths. On Ancestry.com I am unable to search the USA, so please can you help.
    Thank you
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Hi Sheila

On the 1910 census
    Phoebe is a widow so Dan died somewhere between 1900 & 1910.
    Frank is still living with her and running a blacksmith,but he is down as Frank D Bailey.They are both still living in Milford.
    Phoebe & Frank are still in Milford.Frank has married and his wife is Margaret E born
    1886 Michigan and Frank owns his own Blacksmith shop.
    Now living two doors down is a William M Bailey born 1873 Michigan his mother born New York father born England who is also a blacksmith.Don't know if he belongs to your family

Comment

Thank you Sue. Yes that's them William M Bailey is the middle brother. It is 11 pm: here so I am away to bed
      Nite Nite
      Sheila

Comment

1930 Census
        Frank D Bailey is living in Ohio with his in-laws George E Sommers? b-1860 And a new wife Barbara b-1888 Ohio.

Comment

Did you find anything out about Charles, he seems to have vanished into thin air.
          Sheila

Comment

Nite Shelia,
            Will have a look around and see what else i can find.

Comment

WoW that was quick. Sheila

Comment

Good Morning Sue , You found William M " Living 2 doors down " can you please let me know what was the name of the Street/Road
                Sheila

Comment

HI Sheila

Couldn't find anything on Charles.
                  The address on the 1920 is Detroit Street,Milford Village.
                  Sorry it looks like they are living next door.Phoebe has a number of borders living with them.There is no number.

Comment

Thanks Sue. Charles's father Daniel was a bigamist and it looks as if at least 2 of his 3 son's took after him. William took after his mother Phoebe. It has taken me 4 years to fiind Daniel, He has been in and out of the "to hard basket " all that time.It was very good of you to go back and look it up for me.And thank you to the FTF people who have helped over that time
                    Sheilafromdownunder walking cat.gif

Comment

My pleasure sheila.Will have another look around on the weekend for Charles

Comment

Working...
                      X