help sending a file by email mail please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help sending a file by email mail please

a friend of mine asked for my help she said when she sends a file as an attatchment it goes as a file and also if a document or pictures it also prints the whole thing.why wont it go just as a file.can someone help me so i can help her,her printer is an all in one.i have tried many times but its not just sending as a file. too she is an oap like me too lol thankyou brenda

This sounds very odd. I'm not clear about how your friend is sending the emails - you mentioned a printer. How is this involved with sending emails?

If she's using the all-in-one to scan pictures she should save them first to a location she can remember (such as My Documents/My Pictures/portrait of fred) . Then start composing an email and use the 'attach' button to add the picture from the location she's chosen.

NB when composing the email click on "attach" and not "insert". The latter will just paste the picture into the message, instead of attaching it as a separate file.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, please come back with a blow-by-blow account of what your friend is doing when she sends an email with a picture.

Belinda
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

hi belinda thankyou ,she scanned the picture and then saved then she went into her emails to send.....i think she might be attatchininserting and not attatching.i have emailed her so i will see if your way works ..but when she scanned and saved and then went to sent it was sending as a file and showing a large picture also of the file brenda xxx

Comment

Hi Belinda,she has done it by following your instructions....many thanks have a good day xxxx

Comment

I'm glad it worked!
          Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Working...
          X