Just can't sort this one out...help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just can't sort this one out...help needed please

When I turned on the computer on Saturday this was showing.

'HPPProduceAssistant.

The feature you are trying to use in not on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available.

Insert the 'HPPProductAssistant' disk and click OK'

Haven't got a clue why that came up. We do have a HP printer but I haven't touched anything to do with it. Don't know what disk they mean and I can't get rid of it.

Can't turn computer off the usual way, only from the plug and it's still there when I turn on.

Don't know if this is anything to do with it but every time I turn on and off I gave to re-enter all my passwords on everything, sites, emails etc. This has never happened before either

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Linda

Hi! I googled this - you're not the only having this problem. the HP assistant somehow seems to have added itself to your list of start-up programs. There are two ways to deal with this: if you are unlikely to use this program you can uninstall it completely (you can always reinstall it if you find a need for it); if you think there's a real chance you might want it, you can disable the start-up part of it.

The instructions below should work if you're using XP; if you're using a different operating system they'll be close to what you need.

To get rid of it completely:
    Click on Start
    Click on control panel
    Click on 'add or remove programs'
    Select the HP Assistant and follow the instructions
    Re-start your computer.

To just remove it from the start-up list
    Click on Start
    Click on Run
    Type msconfig into the box and click OK
    Click on the tab labelled 'Startup'
    Untick the boxes next to HPP...
    Click on "restart computer"

These SHOULD do the trick, but yell if you're still having problems.

Belinda
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Hi Belinda,

Thanks very much. I chose the latter option and the message has disappeared and I was able to switch of the computer normally.

Thanks again

Linda

Comment

Working...
      X