Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have access to the USA records on Ancestry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have access to the USA records on Ancestry?

There is a record of a Lillian and Theodore Bamburg on the 1910 census.

Could someone look it up to see if Lilian was born in Winchester England, as I have a Lillian Poole who married Theopile (sure that is a transcript error) Bamburg in 1903 and I could not find them on the UK 1911, so they could have gone to the states?

Thanks
    Trev
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 30-07-10, 17:23.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Theodore was born in Holland and Lillian in England.
    I think the immigration year is 1907 but the image is poor.
    Also a son, David. b 1904, England
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks Herky

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Forgive me for prying.....but there is a David Bamberg (? son of above), on an incoming passenger list to the UK in 1924 and David b c 1904 is listed as a magician - now that is interesting....sorry if I am intruding or going down the wrong line.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Edited to remove details in case it is too recent - apologies Trevor as you probably don't want more recent things posted.
          Last edited by herky; 30-07-10, 18:42.
          herky

Comment

No Herky you are not prying at all and have found the reason I was checking the names.

Lillian Poole was the daughter of Charles William Poole, who was one of the Pooles Myriorama traveling show proprioters.

Lilian married Theodore and they went to the USA (That is what I needed to check, as I had the wrong name for Theodore).
            Addition:
            Theodore was correctly listed by me as 'Tobias', but he had his name changed to Theodore by his wife Lillian.
            http://www.magicnook.com/forum/bioAB.htm#Bamberg,
            Bamberg, Theo (1875-1963)

Via a PM I was directed to our old friend Wikipedia and there is a full account of Theodore and Lillies son David.
            he was an extremely famous magician who went under the stage name of Fu Manchu.
            It even mentions Lillie and I have added the fact that she was the daughter of Charles Wiliam Poole to it with a link to the Wiki pages on the Pooles Myriorama.
            Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 30-07-10, 21:12. Reason: reason for Theodore's name change

Researching:

Comment

Hi Trevor - Theodore is an anglicised version of the Hebrew name Tobias http://data.jewishgen.org/wconnect/w...ch~model1~GNDB

Comment

Working...
              X