Robert Cummock born 1813 Abbey
    Margaret nee Goodlet born 1815
    Alexander born 1834
    John born 1836
    Robert born 1840

Others Thomas Goodlet Cummock born 1842
    Agnes Campbell Cummock born 1842
    All children born in Abbey, Paisley

I have not been able to find any of the family after 1841.

Does anyone know if they emigrated.......

I think i find them in the US in the 1880 census.
    They are not together, mum is a widow but so far the ages of John, Thomas and R are a good fit.
    However the name is down as CUMNOCK.
    Have a look on ancestry for the original or you should find it on the LDS site.
    Get back to me if you have problems and let me know if I am on the completely wrong track.
    Good luck.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you Herky.
      I have found a few different variations of Cummock...
      On the 1841 census they are in Hagg, Abbey, Paisley with the name Camock.
      DOB if any use
      Alexander 28 9 1834
      John 18 5 1836

Robert 31 5 1840
      Thomas Goodlet 6 12 1842
      Agnes Campbell 6 12 1842

The father John was a Cotton Spinner
      I have checked Scotlands People and there are no deaths or marriages for Thomas Goodlet Cummock or Agnes Campbell Cummock..

The Scotlands People offices will be included in WDYTYA with Monty Don on 9 August
      Last edited by colin taylor; 29-07-10, 20:17.

Comment

I also find, on LDS 1880 census Agnes - with mother - down as Margrett Cumnock (b c 1815 in Scotland) and Agnes as Anginis Adam (now married) bc 1843, Scotland.

I will have a look for a passenger list if you would like me to.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Right now I have Margaret in 1870 in USA but and living with son William b c 1858 - so perhaps this is not the family ....or they stayed in Scotland until after 1858 and had more children.
          Will keep looking.
          herky

Comment

I don,t know what LDS 1880 is but it does look like them.
            Margaret Goodlet was born around 1815 in Renfrewshire but I have not found the birth on SP or IGI... just the age on the 1841 census.
            Anything that you find will be greatly appreciated but if information is limited I can note that they emigrated to America and stop searching in the UK
            Thanks again
            Colin

Comment

I have searche 1851 in Scotland for several combinations includig no surname at all but not found them... also I think tht if they stayed until after 1858 some of the younger children may have started their own lives in Scotland and not gone with their parents.
              I have also checked 1861 using several permutations but again no sign of them.

Comment

There's also a John Cumnock in the 1870 and 1880 US census in the Schuylkill area of Pennsylvania. In 1870 he's with Agnis Stevenson (age 49 b Scotland) and her family. In 1880 he's on his own. There are sightings of some of the other names in the US census and the US incoming passenger lists.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by colin taylor View Post
                  I don,t know what LDS 1880 is
                  The 1880 US census, which is free to search on the LDS (familysearch) site:

Comment

Thanks Uncle John... looks as though this World thimg is a liitle more compicated than I thought..
                    I don't know how passenger lists work.. the only ones that I have seen are those that come up when I do a Web Search.....If it means checking each ship or whatever then I do not wish anyone to spend so much time because if I find that they have emigrated I leave it there as I do not have a World sub.

Comment

Thanks Mary from Italy... never knew that facility existed but have now just been on and checked the family...... I have other relatives who emigrated to so I will soon be looking for those as well.
                      One lad was a British Home child who went to Canada... came back for WW1 and then returned eventually moving on to USA

Comment

Thank you very much Herky,
                        PMs recieved .... some went to Australia and some to New Zealand now some in the USA.. seems as though they preferred sunshine

Comment

Working...
                        X