Joseph Henry Condon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Henry Condon

I'm looking at this for someone else and would like someone to see if they spot anything I might have missed.

Joseph Henry Condon (as on marriage certificate) marries Emma Hunt Aug 1901 in West Ham. His father is named as Daniel, labourer. Joseph Henry's occ - Hammerman.

In 1901 census Emma is a widow with 2 children in West Ham but she is not the problem! Joseph Henry does not seem to exist before this! I keep stressing his name as the only likely entries I can find all give a name as Henry Condon/Conden and in every case he is either a boarder/ lodger and in 1881 possibly in an orphanage in Hounslow. And in every case the birth place is different.

Joseph Henry's grand daughter, who I'm looking at this for, always knew him as Joe and his death certificate said Joseph Henry. Family lore says that they came from Ireland but we don't know when and that they were probably Catholic. Interestingly the orphanage I found a possible in is for Catholic Paupers.

We already have one wrong birth certificate for a Henry Condon b1873 St George in the East. Can anyone find anything else?
    Sue

Just checking! In the 1901 census I assume you have Emma Hunt (widow), because the census was taken several months before the marriage. So what is her "condition" on the marriage certificate? Any idea where everyone is in 1911?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi U J

I've just come back to add that I have them in 1911 where Henry Condon states that he was born in Wapping. They are in the same house that Emma was in in 1901. And yes, she did state that she was a widow in 1901!

Thanks for looking
      Sue

Comment

what address did you man give on his marriage cert
        WendyP

Comment

theres a harry condon bn 1873 stepney london whose occupation shows as Blacksmiths Hammerman and hes in West Ham and he's at 58 Shirley Street West Ham
          WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
            theres a harry condon bn 1873 stepney london whose occupation shows as Blacksmiths Hammerman and hes in West Ham and he's at 58 Shirley Street West Ham
            Ooh that's interesting Wendy - I hadn't looked for a Harry! :o

I haven't seen the marriage certificate but I got the impression that they were shown as at the same address. Will double check tomorrow.

Thanks for looking
            Sue

Comment

Working...
            X