LDS........Not showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS........Not showing?

Having just found great GP's x2 marriage on Lancs opc and finding LDS as the source, I went off to check same.
    However, it's not showing on LDS.

There is a film no.......should I insert this and see if it comes up?
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

don't know Jen, but you havent got nothing to lose by trying it?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Tried it Julie, I couldn't find anywhere to insert the film No. Did a re~check through Hugh Wallis too under the marriage district but they are not on there either. Strange!!!
      Jen

Comment

ooh justa thought, have you tried the pilot site? maybe its on there, failing that put the names and place/date of marriage up here and I'll have a shuftie for you :D
        Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie...........

James Flinn & Mary Ann Gibbons (Both of Oldham), Married 11 June 1829 St Mary the Virgin Prestwich Lancashire.
          Witness: Richard Ashworth & Abrm Kay
          By Banns by Philip Wharton
          Marr reg: 1828-1831 Page 102
          Source LDS Film 2356186.

I've just been back on Lancs opc to try and find their baptisms if poss....
          Jen

Comment

dont know if you can see this, but its on the pilot site LDS, page 2 :D

http://pilot.familysearch.org/record...archType=close
            Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie, can't see anyone who fits with my James so I tried Mary Ann. If she is there it would be impossible to tell at this stage.
              Jen

Comment

Jen

Go to LDS - Library search tab. There you will find an option to enter a film number.

Yours comes up as filmed manuscript of the parish registers of St Mary, so a reliable source, give or take a transcription error. The reason you cannot find the extract on the LDS site is probably because the film has not yet been transcribed by the LDS volunteers.

Hope this helps.

OC

Comment

Oh, many thanks OC, I'll off and have a look.
                  Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    dont know if you can see this, but its on the pilot site LDS, page 2 :D

http://pilot.familysearch.org/record...archType=close
                    Jen if you click on the link that I have given, you need to wait until the results are there and then goto page 2. The results are transcribed but it IS there. 3rd one down, on page 2
                    Julie

Comment

goto www.familysearch.org

click on 'Search Records'>>>Record Search Pilot>>then put in James Flinn, and select Lancs as place, you will get 11 pages of results, the marriage is on page 2, and is the 3rd one from the top.
                      Julie

Comment

Sorry Julie, I didn't check to see if the marriage was there or not!

OC

Comment

Found it Julie. Great work, many thanks to you and OC.
                          Shame I can't find their bapts as easily...........that was pure fluke finding the marriage on Lancs opc.......went to look half heartedly and there it was.

Never thought to look there before as my cousin had once told me that our Flinn ancestors had originated in Wales.
                          Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                            Sorry Julie, I didn't check to see if the marriage was there or not!

OC
                            its Ok OC :D

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                            Found it Julie. Great work, many thanks to you and OC.
                            Shame I can't find their bapts as easily...........that was pure fluke finding the marriage on Lancs opc.......went to look half heartedly and there it was.

Never thought to look there before as my cousin had once told me that our Flinn ancestors had originated in Wales.
                            thing is new bits are being added all the time, so is a good idea to keep revisiting haunts, is abit like google.. every now and then I take one of my names and google it, I have found some lovely snippits that way
                            Julie

Comment

Sound advice Julie, it's helped me this time. I didn't realise there was a pilot search, not very experimental am I lol?
                              Think I will be using it regularly from now on to see who else I can turn up.
                              Jen

Comment

It's been about for a while Jen, though in the very early stages it was in beta version (test) but they also have/had some USA stuff and censi to look through, They do still have them but they also store the images and link to them thru 'footnote' (bit like Ancestry) I have also seen baptisms scanned in for some parishes, so I expect that it is an ongoing thing.
                                Julie

Comment

I'm just glad you put me on to it Julie, who knows who might pop up in the future lol!
                                  Jen

Comment

On the LDS pilot site I found a baptism in St Petersburg which confirmed a family story that a family went there to run a factory.
                                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

That sounds interesting UJ, All the better for confirming a family story.
                                      Jen

Comment

Working...
                                      X