The Battle of Fromelles Burial Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle of Fromelles Burial Register

Is there such a thing? My sister saw a name on a grave on TV the other night which we want to investigate further - but being from Australia, we are not sure how to go about it.

Sorry, I spelt that wrong, but can't alter thread title :(
    Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 25-07-10, 09:27. Reason: Title change - member request
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

Any idea what county??

The only place Google Maps is bringing up is Frome, Somerset??

Comment

There's a Fontmell Magna in Dorset (St Andrew)??

Comment

Alternatively, if she knows the name of the person...

Comment

Just spotted your note about getting the title wrong. What would you like changed? As I can do that for you

Comment

(isnt that in France? - I'm more confused than you are lol) .. My apologies

Comment

It's the place where they just opened the new cemetery.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Is this what you are after?

To see this list click here .
                Caroline
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by jood View Post

(isnt that in France? - I'm more confused than you are lol) .. My apologies
                  No worries! :D

All changed

Comment

This might be more useful:

www.defence.gov.au/fromelles
                    Caroline

Comment

sorry, I had a few hiccups there - the name I am actually looking for is Bolt - yet that name is not showing. I have emailed my sister to find out the full name of this person.

Comment

There is a Corporal Herbert Thomas Bolt 55th Battalion, Bexley, NSW Service Number 3009 ID Board 1/2010

Comment

Thank you so much Maggie.

My sister says someone else has the family book and she can't check. (She's in Perth, I'm in Sydney, lol)

I will try and get back to you tomorrow with whatever info I can find. I know the daughter was Laura Bolt, but I may have a date to go on.

Thanks again Maggie.

Comment

I did find out that Laura Bolt was born 1889 but in Australia. I wonder if his record would show next of kin? and date of birth, place he was born?

Comment

If you go to the website of the National Archives of Austalia ( don't know how to do links sorry) they have all the service records of WW1 soldiers .There are 21 Bolts listed there.

Jan

Comment

My paternal grandfather's elder brother married an Emma BOLT in 1874. The Bolt family were originally from Devon but this couple emigrated to America in the 1880's.
                                Last edited by Durham Lady; 25-07-10, 22:34.
                                Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Hi Daphne - I just don't have enough information to go on, unfortunately. :( My sister needs to buy the death certificate of Laura Bolt to find out where her parents were born.

I think I better close the thread until more info comes to hand.

Thanks to all who helped

Comment

I think I'm right in saying that the only remains they've so far put names to are Australians, so those are the only headstones currently with names on them.
                                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I think there were some british regiments amongst the letters and exerts from diaries read out at the service UJ.
                                      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
                                      Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
                                      Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Yes UJ - you are right - I was wrong - I thought the person was from England, but he may have been from Australia. I have a few things to check out - I only know his daughter was Laura Bolt - I dont know her father's name - as yet.

Thanks Sylvia

Comment

Working...
                                        X