antone have any luckfinding henry and mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antone have any luckfinding henry and mary

henry and mary parrymarried17/5/1755cant find theire birthsmust be around 1730ish henry evans and mary parry of course thanks george

Where did they marry?
    Elaine

Comment

herefordshire all the evans clan came from that area george

Comment

around staunton on wye hereford

Comment

Hi George - I looked for them yesterday, but couldn't find them .. maybe a bit too far back / records no longer exist !
          Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

I did wonder if John Baker Evans b1776 Letton or his wife Christiana / Christina Evans were still around in 1841????
            Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

iwonder too after all it is a long time ago george

Comment

They are more likely to have come from a different parish. I presume you have checked the CRO for those dates and the possible parish they were from for the date you have?

I have Evans from Radnor and Evans is a very popular Welsh name!

Although IGI and Free Reg have many parish register entries, they are not all on there by any means, and the only real way to check it out is to go to the local CRO and do a recce of all the parishes that you think they may be from and search those until you find what you are looking for. You have an exact date so you know the exact parish in Herefordshiire?

Parish records do go back to 1538, and although some may have been lost it is surprising how many have survived. Mid 1700's is not that far back, and certainly I have many records in Northants going back to the 1600's and even the mid 1500's, but to be honest I only find most of these in the CRO, though Free Reg is very good for Northants, but do not know what the coverage is for Herefordshire?

Janet
                Last edited by Janet; 24-07-10, 12:07.

Comment

Working...
                X