Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with this family please

Hi

this is my MIL tree and i have had a bit of a breakthrough. Her gg grandmother was Philadelphia Emily Mary Butler who married William Gilson in 1894 and by 1901 was living with Conrad Charlwood as his wife (it appears they didnt marry until 1916).

I have managed to find a baptism for an emily philadelphia Butler born 1875 but baptised 1890, to parents Samuel Thomas and Keziah Philadelphia.

Sameul and Keziah nee Dean married in 1865 so i cannot understand why Emily would be baptised aged 15? there is an Emily M Butler registered Q1 1875 in Pancras (baptism in Chiswick, birth from 1901 census says Camden)

Also cannot find anything of any of the family until Philadelphia in 1901.

Can anyone see if they can find the family before this time. also if anyone has any 1911 census credits going spare i would appreciate knowing her place of birth as listed then.

many thanks for all your help
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

you have a PM

Joyce

Comment

Hi Joy

not sure if has disappeared as i dont have anything!
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Hi
        My name is Karl Sweeney.
        I believe we may be related in some way.
        Conrad and Philadelphia Charlwood were my great grandparents.
        My grandfather changed his surname to Sweeney to enlist in the Navy and so I now carry the Sweeney surname.
        I have only recently started looking into my family history and came across your post.
        I would be grateful if you could get in touch if you have any more info on Conrad and Philadelphia and any of their descendents or ancestors.
        I in turn would be happy to provide any info on my side of the family.
        hope to hear from you.
        sincerely
        Karl Sweeney
        e-mail xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have removed the email address, please contact Karl by PM.
        Last edited by Caroline; 22-02-18, 16:18. Reason: Email address removed

Comment

Working...
        X