Need advice on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on this

I am reasearching Thomas Langton born Elsham abt 1816.

Searching the parish records I came across only one which could be him...

Thomas Lankton 7/4/1816

There are several entries for Lankton but no apparent entries for Langton around this date. Do you think this could be the same family?

Langton (in this spelling) doesn't show up until 1829 - it's a baptism for Robert s/o Thomas and Mary (same first names as my family) but I haven't come across this name.

By 1841 census my family had left the village.

Hope that made sense, any help or advise would be appreciated.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

His brother(?) is also christened as LANKTON
    Furlow Langton Elizabeth abt 1823 Elsham, Lincolnshire, England Head Brigg, Lincolnshire

Comment

Another brother? christened LANKTON
      William Langton Martha abt 1814 Elsham, Lincolnshire, England Head Scawby, Lincolnshire
      Last edited by jim in soton; 23-07-10, 13:58.

Comment

unfortunately I don't know what siblings he had, if any. I was only at the record office for one day and wrote down as much info as I could, it's made it even more frustrating now.
        Ah, are you saying these people were baptised Lankton but show up on census as Langton?
        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

All the christenings are on Family search Pilot with same parents

Comment

and I went all the way from Hampshire to Lincolnshire for that information lol. I think I will take a look at the census to see if any of the Lanktons became Langtons. Thanks for the inspiration and for searching the baptisms.
            Jules

Comment

i found 28 hits for langton in Elsham lincs, the church records for Elsham IGI are only up to 1812

Source Information:
              Batch No.: Dates:

C028131 1561 - 1812

mm

Comment

here are the lanktons on FreeReg, there are also Langtons on Free reg

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

1 Baptisms 17 Oct 1813 LANKTON William Lincolnshire Elsham
                2 Baptisms 07 Apr 1816 LANKTON Thomas Lincolnshire Elsham
                3 Baptisms 16 Aug 1818 LANKTON John Lincolnshire Elsham
                4 Baptisms 28 Jan 1821 LANKTON Furlow Lincolnshire Elsham
                5 Baptisms 22 Jun 1823 LANKTON Furlow Lincolnshire Elsham
                6 Baptisms 13 Nov 1825 LANKTON Mary Lincolnshire Elsham

mm

Comment

Not sure if I am allowed to paste.
                  1851 The Parents
                  John Langton abt 1784 Elsham, Lincolnshire, England Head Elsham, Lincolnshire
                  Ann Langton abt 1788 Saxby, Lincolnshire, England Wife Elsham, Lincolnshire
                  Mary Langton abt 1826 Elsham, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Elsham, Lincolnshire
                  copyright Ancestry

Comment

1841 Elsham
                    John Langton 55
                    Ann Langton 50
                    Mary Langton 11
                    Robert Langton 12 <<<<?

Comment

Thanks Jim and Mary, I'm trawling through them.
                      Jules

Comment

Working...
                      X