X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past Blog - Behind the scenes at findmypast.co.uk

Paul Yates, head of findmypast.co.uk

Hello from the head of findmypast.co.uk

I’m Paul, head of findmypast.co.uk, and welcome to the first in a series of blogs I’ll be writing. I wanted to get in touch to talk about what we’ve achieved over the last year and let you know what’s in the pipeline for the future.

It has been a very busy and rewarding year at findmypast.co.uk. Just over a year ago we added the eagerly anticipated 1911 census for England and Wales to the site. We also completed the remaining censuses to be able to proudly offer you the only complete England and Wales census collection anywhere online. We’ve also added hundreds of thousands of parish records to the site to make ours the largest online collection of parish records in partnership with the Federation of Family History Societies.

More recently we’ve launched our fully indexed birth records* that cover the period from 1837 to 2006.* There are over 100 million individual records. We’re very excited about these records and judging from the fantastic feedback we’ve received so far, you share our enthusiasm about the value of these records to family historians.

All of these projects were a key part of our continued commitment to you to:

•*** Deliver rich family history records to connect you to your past
    •*** Provide a complete census collection for England and Wales 1841 to 1911
    •*** Ensure our records are as easy as possible to search

This makes it the perfect time to introduce this new series of blogs which will share knowledge with our customers and the wider family history community. You’ll be hearing from me and other members of the findmypast.co.uk team on a regular basis about a wide range of topics, from records and data to products and marketing. The findmypast.co.uk team will keep you informed with new developments at findmypast.co.uk and give you a backstage pass into life behind the scenes at findmypast.co.uk

Of course we really want to hear your views and thoughts so you can help to shape the service we offer you. Please feel free to comment on any of our blog posts – you can do so underneath each post.

The next year is going to be even more exciting than the last one. We’ve got some fantastic new records which we’ll publish exclusively on findmypast.co.uk, including the fully indexed marriages and death records which will complete our BMD collection. Along with new search features and functionality, I hope this will make our site even more useful and engaging for you.

I hope you enjoy the ride as it promises to be a very exciting and rewarding journey on findmypast.co.uk

More...
Working...
X