Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching within a batch on the Family Search PILOT site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching within a batch on the Family Search PILOT site?

Is there a way of doing this? There's a couple of interesting entries I've found that I'd like to take a bit further, ideally finding siblings if possible, like you can do on the main site. Anyone have any thoughts or pointers?

Cheers,
    Kate x

The only way I can see to do it would be to first identify what the group of records you're interestd in are called - for example "England births and christenings 1538-1975". Then go to the first search page and click on where it says "Search or Browse our record collections".

Then go to the region and country and click on the record collection you want. You can then use either the basic or advanced search from there, for example you could search for all Smith's with parents John and Elizabeth in Chester.
    Jackie

Comment

I have had some success by putting in just the surname or the fathers full name and using "All events" then a 5 or 10 years in the dates and the area i want to look at. Have found baptisms and marriages and deaths doing it this way, the only thing is you sometimes get a couple of pages to scroll though.
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
      Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
      Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X