Find My Past Blog - Your experiences - stage career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past Blog - Your experiences - stage career

Thanks to all of you who sent us your experiences of researching your family tree. Read on for Glenda Lightowler’s experience:

‘I have been desperately trying to find out anything about my grandmother’s (Margaret McDermott) reputed stage career, prior to her marriage. I did not expect to have it handed to me so easily. It took me some while to find her in the 1911 census, as I expected to find her in S Shields Reg district.

Suddenly, I saw this name in a Merthyr Tydfil district and thought: I wonder..? There she was with four other lasses, all called actresses. I suspect they were chorus, but that I cannot find out.

I was given this stage information briefly when I was 10 - I am now 75, so it is a bit of a success story for me, all her family contemporaries being deceased.

Sadly, I cannot find grandfather Alfred Lightowler in 1911. They were married in Yorkshire in 1912. He was not recorded with his family (Head Sam Lightowler) in Hulme, Manchester.’

If you have an experience you’d like to share with us and our readers, email casestudies@findmypast.co.uk with ‘My experience’ in the subject line. We look forward to reading your stories!

More...
Working...
X