FTM 2010 incuuding 6 monts access to ancestry world Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 incuuding 6 monts access to ancestry world Access

Aventquest software are selling FTM 2010 including 6 months access to Ancestry Access subscription for only £49.99

WIth no delivery charge

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Don't forget the vital cancellation of your sub just before it runs out. If you forget, it will automatically renew. I made the mistake and was charged for another 6 months worldwide the other day. I got out of it though. The help pages say that if you phone them you can cancel a sub that you didn't want to renew but only within 7 days of the date it renewed on. I had been charged £66.13 for my next worldwide 6 months. I thought that kind of odd as it's £155.40 for 12 months worldwide. I've never known any company charge less than half of the annual sub for a 6 months sub. It's usually a bit more than half.
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 22-07-10, 09:20. Reason: typo

Comment

As ever, it pays to shop around - £35 at Play.com, £30 from Amazon and that's from a very quick search!
      Last edited by Bertie; 20-08-10, 11:08.

Comment

And don't forget if you have Tesco Vouchers it will cost just £15 worth : http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=864
        Jane
        Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
        "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Bertie, Im not sure the amazon/play.com ones includes 6 months world sub? I can only see 3 months essential uk included on those. I was going to buy one to keep just for the world sub otherwise. I already have the same one that Trevor has recommended and I got cash back on it with the 6 months world sub for £49 (£155.40 for 12 months usually).
          Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 23-08-10, 22:47.

Comment

I was given FTM 2010 for Christmas with 6 months free Ancestry, but was so disappointed that it was a very basic package and denied access to much I was interested in. I would have thought that when giving this free intro, they would want you to enjoy as much as possible to encourage you to continue with it. As it was, I cancelled when the six months ran out (diaried so I didn't forget!).

Comment

Even though the free Ancestry subscription is normally only for the UK Essentials package, if you phone Ancestry on their freephone number you will find that you can upgrade to the UK Premium package for a small extra payment.
              Elaine

Comment

The point I was trying to make was the package Trevor has recommended is worth a lot more than those available a bit cheaper at amazon or play.com as it includes the 6 months world wide ancestry.

Comment

Yes, I agree Heather!
                  I always find it worthwhile as well looking at what TWR Computing has on offer, as postage is included worldwide. Useful for those of us outside of the UK.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    Yes, I agree Heather!
                    I always find it worthwhile as well looking at what TWR Computing has on offer, as postage is included worldwide. Useful for those of us outside of the UK.
                    I agree with Elaine, TWR Computing are reasonably priced and only took 5 days for my FTM2010 to arrive in Oz
                    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
                    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
                    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Trevor, is there a new code for the £49.99 price please? Its showing as £99.99 on avanquest now. I think we used FTM50 earlier in the year? but thats not working now.

Comment

Working...
                      X