Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant find birth entry for Irish relative ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find birth entry for Irish relative ?

Geraldine McCarrick Born Nov 1957/1959 Sligo, Ireland.

John

Bump

Comment

Where are you looking? Do you mean in the Ireland Civil Registration Indexes on FamilySearch Record Search?

Those records only go up to 1958, so if her birth was not registered until 1959, she would not appear in those indexes.

The only Geraldine McCarrick I see listed in those indexes is:

Name: Geraldine A McCarrick
      Registration District: Tobercurry (Sligo)
      Event Type: BIRTHS
      Registration Quarter and Year: Oct - Dec 1949
      Mother's Maiden Name: Mcintyre
      Film Number: 101240
      Volume Number: 4
      Page Number: 283
      Digital Folder Number: 4196048
      Image Number: 00508
      Collection: Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958
      Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah,
        I have found out that she was defiantly born in 1959.
        Is there any way to find an Irish birth entry. (I looked on Ancestry ?)
        Regards John

Comment

Hi John,

As far as I know, the only online source for the period you're interested are the FamilySearch Record Search indexes (see link in my previous post).
          For earlier periods, there are also some pay-per-view records on the Irish Family History Foundation's website. For Sligo coverage, see here: http://sligo.brsgenealogy.com/generi...u=showdatabase

You may be able to order the certificate from the Irish GRO with the information you have.
          From their FAQ page:
          How do I apply for a Birth/Death/Marriage Certificate or photocopy from the General Register Office?
          You can apply in writing, by fax, online at www.certificates.ie or in person giving as many details of the birth, death or marriage as you can, i.e. full names, date and location of event, parent's names and occupations, mother's maiden names etc. Obviously the more information you can give us the more chance we have of finding the records you are looking for. Our index and records are date based and are in a manual format so we will need accurate dates (correct year at least).

The absolute minimum information we need is the forename and surname (of both parties if it's a marriage) and the year the event occurred and in many cases we will need some further detail/s such as an exact date, the location of the event, other forenames, parents names etc."

Sarah

Comment

That's great info thanks Sarah....John

Comment

Working...
            X