my mehetabel murrill/went

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mehetabel murrill/went

i,m trying to find a marriage between Thomas Went & Mehetabel Murrill i believe it must have been about 1835 to 1841 somewhere in colchester essex as in the 1841 census they are down as 25 & 20 respectively with a 7 month old son also called Thomas , i got met,s name off of thomas,s birth cert , she has been written down in further censuses as Matilda & even as mal?? i,m beginning to think they weren,t married at all , i should also say i have found all the Went family born in Ardleigh in essex , any new threads would be much appreciated
    yours trevor;)

Hi
    You could try Jack Baxter's marriage index.
    Link here http://www.sturnidae.com/Essex/Marriages.htm

Moggie

Comment

You can also find the pre-1837 Essex parish registers here, but they're not indexed, so it'll be quite a long job to trawl through them:

Comment

hello maudarby & mary thank you both for replying so quick i,ve had a quick look at jack baxters site looks promising hadn,t heard of it before well done maudarby
        mary i,ve been in the seax site yes it does take some wading through but well worth it for early records especially the ardleigh parish which is virtually all covered a great help to me as my family of wents came from there which is where mehetabel comes in as she supposedly married thomas went but not in that parish looks like it,s time to hit the records office for further info
        once again thanks both for your time trevor

Comment

Hi Trevor.

I am also looking at the Went-Murrill marriage. One of their daughters, Emma (b 1857), was my great grandmother. Have you managed to find their marriage yet? Have you managed to get back any further?
          Looking at the 'Ardleigh Past' web site, Ardleigh seems to have rather a lot of Wents- presumably all related.
          My Grandmother told me that we were related to the martyr, John Went (d- 27th Jan 1556) from Langham (only a couple of miles from Ardleigh). Have you heared anything about that?

Robert

Comment

Robert,
            Trevor has not been back on this board for some time, but if you click on his username you can send him a private message and if his e mail address is still current he may get your message, but he only posted 6 messages here.

Edna

Comment

Trevor was last onsite in August, so there may be a slim chance that his email address is still current so he should get notifications that someone has posted on this thread.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi Robert
                sorry for not getting back to you sooner unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes !, as to Emma went she isn,t one of my rellies i,ve done much research on but on doing a quick marriage search for an Emma Went born 1857 throws up several possibles the the nearest possible is for a marriage in dec 1877 to a William Bruce or James Coe reg dist Tendring vol 4a page 509 there are some other dates but a few years hence of this marriage any of which may be correct but would make her in her late 20,s early 30,s when marrying , sorry if my ramblings muddy the waters to much , my line of descent is from Mehetabel went daughter of George went brother of Emma .
                indeed as you say Ardleigh had a large population of wents back in the 1800,s although the surrounding villages do not it seems , as to the martyr John Went this is something i,ve not heard about before or indeed the name of John WENT , but again Langham does crop up quite a bit as a place of baptisms and burials for local folk back then .
                i would be really interested in your family line if you wish to share it either here or by PM .
                once again my apologises for the delay in replying ,but look forward to hearing from you if you so wish .
                Trevor

Comment

Working...
                X