family tree software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family tree software

I have a sub to Ancestry and run Family Tree Maker on my pc.
    Someone told me Legacy was free to join. Can Legacy be shared with other
    members of the family and is it free. I want something that other members of my family can look at without having to take out a sub. Or does anyone know of a free fam tree programme

I would put your tree on Tribal pages you can then give access to the people you choose,you have a password to ammend your tree and they have a password that is view only.the basic package is free but you can upgrade it but you have to pay

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Family Historian does a Read Only version:

My mother has it on her PC and then I give her updated GEDCOMS to look at every so often.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Family Tree Builder is free:

Our Family Tree Software forum is worth browsing through for other ideas: http://www.familytreeforum.com/forum...-Tree-Software
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Alan I will give that a try

Comment

Thanks Caroline I had a look at this and it looks good. I might just give it a try. it looks as if others in the family could look at it as well, I want something that I can control but they can look at without incurring expense.

Comment

If you have ancestry and your tree is on there you can send invites to your family members to view it also , they dont need to be a member of ancestry to do so ;;
              but its always best to have your tree stored on computer software , and backed up onto discs or something ;;
              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I'd agree with Alan, Tribal Pages is very good and you can make your website as private as you want. I've used it for over 6 years now. I have upgraded mainly to add more photos but it cost me a very small amount each year, I'm sure it is less than £20.
                Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Hi Caroline been looking at Personal Ancestral File and Legacy. I dont see any mention of photos on PAF, so i think
                  perhaps Legacy might be the one for me. Which one do you think is better.
                  Glenda

Comment

Working...
                  X