Thomas Hicken in 1841?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Hicken in 1841?

Could anyone find Thomas Hicken on the 1841 please? He was born c1775 & living in Kidderminster in 1840 when he was declared bankrupt (most of mine are bankrupts??)..

He is on 1851 living in Kidderminster, I think as a victualler in St Georges, cant quite read it. When he was made bankrupt he was a coachbuilder.

I'm trying to find where he lived in 1841 as the bankruptcy petition just states "of Kidderminster"

I would be very grateful, thanks.;D

there is a Thomas Hicken bon abt 1776 in Leicestershire an ag lab living with The Hill Family in Woodhouse Eaves Barrow upon Soar Woodhouse Leicestershire

Comment

Thanks Val, I have seen that one but nothing seems to fit in. I will keep it in mind though as who knows what could happen after his bankruptcy. Thanks again.

Comment

The best I could find is a Thos Hickson aged 60 in Shipston-on-Stour workhouse in 1841; he's an ag lab, though.

Comment

Thanks Mary but I dont think thats him either, he seems to have disppeared, does anyone know if bankrupts were imprisoned at that time? I do have another rellie being discharged from debtors prison but about 20 years earlier. Maybe I should be looking for Thomas in prison?

Comment

The Debtors Act 1869 abolished imprisonment for debt, although debtors who had the means to pay their debt, but did not do so, could still be incarcerated for up to six weeks

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X