Ancestry new search. Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry new search. Help please

I am trying to find a specific address in the 1871 census on Ancestry. I have the piece, folio and page numbers, but in the new search I cannot find anywhere to fill them in .

Jan

I hate the new search if you go to the top of the page towards the right you can click on old search, if not put the info on here

Comment

If you do a random search to bring up any old person listed, and then press 'r' you get the form to fill in all the bits - or just click on old search.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I hate the new search too. I always use the old one - it seems more efficient.
        Luke Mouland
        Genealogist, Historian & Writer
        Kith & Kin Research
        Blog: www.kithandkinresearch.posterous.com

Comment

In the last few days I've been getting 'new search' and sometimes the 'old search' button is not visible. However it is on some pages!
          If, say, I want to find census info and select 1891 census it gives me a new search form but if I scroll down and select 1891 England census it reverts to the old search (thank goodness!)

Anne

Comment

I did finally manage to get back to the old search and found the address but I still can't see any way of doing it on the new one.

jan

Comment

Working...
            X