Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found two more went to Canada ? but who to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found two more went to Canada ? but who to ?

I have now found two Brothers who were sent to Canada after their mother died
    Think I have found them migrating on the Parisian 26 Mar 1896
    But how do I found out whether it was with Dr Barnados or not ? and also where they went when they landed???
    Have been looking on Ancestry but not found anything conclusive .
    Thanks

Frederick George Knight born 8/7/1883 Shoreditch

John Hayes Knight born 31/5/1886 almost sure I have found him in 1920 New York as a Railway Engineer
    Thanks

a John Knight, 9, and Frederick Knight, 12, went to Canada in 1896 with Annie Macpherson,

the records for Macphersons are held by Dr Barnardos
    Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

Comment

wow really thanks very much George , who is or was Annie Macpherson ???? and do I have to apply to the Ilford Office for that???.

Comment

For the records you would need to contact Dr Barnardo Homes HQ in Ilford
        Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

Comment

thanks very much George will be writing to them ,I seem to have lost the link I had to the Candian site which had Children you could claim ?

Comment

Comment

Thanks again George

Comment

Working...
              X