Birth & Death between Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth & Death between Census

My great grandmother remarried after her husband died. She is shown in 1911 in Manchester with the 2nd husband and his 5 children from 1st marriage, plus her 5 from 1st marriage.
    There was 1 child of the marriage who died. I have tried to find the birth and death using FreeBMD, without success. Is there any other way I can find this information please?
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

have you tried lancs bmds and lancsonline parish clerk and familysearch pilot sites - you may pick up a clue from one ofthem?
    Angelina

Comment

I've tried Lancs BMD Angelina but not the others. I didn't know familysearch had BMD's after 1900, thought they only had old stuff and 1881 census!
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Lynne I have found a lot of later stuff on family search pilot and their beta site, i just try both for each person.
        also another thought have you tried manchester burials online too? if you know the name of the child you may just pick up theburial.
        Angelina

Comment

If you post up the details I'll have a look on ancestry for you.
          Margaret

Comment

Angelina/ Margaret

I do not know the name of the child as it was obviously born after they married in 1907 and died before the 1911 census. (Sorry I did not make that clear in my earlier post).
            Thanks for your help though.
            I suppose the only way I can get the info is to visit the record office and search the births and deaths. Do either of you know if the mother's maiden name will be included if I do that.
            Lynne

Comment

MMN was added to the birth index from Sept quarter 1911.

Is it a common surname your looking for?

If it was me i'd be looking for baptisms & burials in the area they were living, hopefully the address in the census & other records would tally.
              Jay

Comment

Working...
              X