Bristol help anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol help anyone??

Firstly, can I say....I do have this on a few sites so if anyone has helped already, please don't think I'm ignoring you. I think I've answered all those replies.

I've been looking for ages trying to get my Ariels "from somewhere" to Bristol in the mid 1700s, but no luck so far.

What I have found is four marriages on Family Search. Only one I can verify as mine, although the husband must have died early as the wife is mentioned as 'widow' in her brother's will.

That one is Elizabeth Ariel and Joshua Taylor 1775.

There is another Elizabeth Ariel marrying John Abbott 5 June 1768. No idea where she comes from, although I think she may be the aunt of the above Elizabeth.

Then these two which have me stumped...

Sarah Ariel and Austin Webb 25 June 1746
    Sarah Ariel and Daniel White 6 July 1746

(It was suggested that Austin Webb and Daniel White may be the same person and the records are banns and marriage, but I took another look and it does look like two different men)

Plus Sarah Ariel marrying Nicholas Walker in Bristol 1764.

I know all of those marriages are correct transcriptions as I've seen the original PRs.

Unfortunately any baptisms have the father as William.........and all the Ariel fathers were William until the 1800s......lol

I've emailed every family history centre around Bristol, Somerset, Gloucestershire, etc and asked how I go about giving these Ariel girls to parents, but haven't had any replies.

Does anyone know anywhere else I can try?

I'm really just after places I can email from Australia. I've offered to pay for any searched, etc. but I'm not getting any replies from emails.

Thanks.

Have you asked on the rootsweb mailing lists for those areas / in rootschat for those areas?
    Joy

Comment

No Joy...................I always forget Rootschat. I'll go there now.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X