Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find marriage or birth record.

Hi
    I hope someone can help! I am really stuck!
    Trying to find a marriage between Ethel Harriet Ann Perris and Charles Edwin Warren.
    I know they were married as she died Ethel Harriet Ann Warren in 1977.
    Ethel was born in 1896 in Newbury.
    We are trying to find Charles birth date too, but are stuck. We think he was born in Somerset.
    We know that they had a a child called Charles Alfred Warren who was born in 1919 Newbury.
    Any help gratefully appreciated!
    Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 15-07-10, 15:31.

what was her maiden name ??? as if it was Perris and she died Perris then she wasnt married???

Comment

Sorry I meant Warren lol

Comment

sorry cannot find a marriage between a Warren and a Perris ??? looked between 1914 and 1924

Comment

Is there a marriage between a Ethel and Warren, perhaps she married someone else before him?

Comment

dont know if you know of this site ??? but its quite handy

I will have another look

Comment

"I know they were married as she died Ethel Harriet Ann Warren in 1977."

Does not always mean they were married. My parents couldn't marry but my Mother died with my father's surname.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

have you got Charles the sons birth cert ???

Comment

Charles birth is registered in 1920, which is possibly why you haven't found it!

It's on the freebmd site that Val has given above. His mother's maiden name is Perris.

OC

Comment

Charles had a sister Alice F born Sep 1921.
                    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Hi Thanks Lin. I will add to the tree. Did you find that on freebmd. I have just gone on Find my Past, and can't find any record of a marriage between 1911 and 1920. I don't have son's birth certificate as it is my friend's tree I am researching for as a favour.

Comment

I see she died in 1921 too. I wonder if they just didn't marry as you say. That is a pain because I can't find Charles Birth anywhere either.

Comment

They may have married much later than 1920, if one or other of them was already married - or they may never have married at all.

OC

Comment

Well in 1911 she is single as living with her parents. Then there is no record of marriage up to 1921 on find my past. Nothing is coming up for any years at all on ancestry or freebmd, so start to think they didn't marry.

Comment

I think your friend will have to stump up for a birth cert for Charles jnr. Hopefully, with an age and occupation for his father it may be easier to trace him backwards (Charles senior).

OC

Comment

Working...
                              X