new stuff on F.M.P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new stuff on F.M.P

Don't know if any one knows but find my past has now put a digitised fully searchable birth records on-line 5 credits per view give you a full view of birth certificate of person you are searching including all parents details,jobs and address and all other infomation on a full Uk birth cert.
    wise i was a member LOL
    looking for
    John Rathbone born 1890 Salford would love to see what it say's on birth record
    Dom
    Last edited by domo; 15-07-10, 12:18.

just had a look and its not telling you whats on the birth records eg: date of birth etc just the details so you can order it

Comment

i not a full member only know it cost 5 credits to view it
      think you just click on VIEW on person's name you have searched
      Dom

Comment

The images are of the GRO indexes, they are not the details of the births themselves, neither do they say they are:

It is certainly quicker and easier to find them.

When you click on VIEW you can see the volume and page number and then you get the option to view the index image - they are very clear as promised.
        Last edited by Caroline; 15-07-10, 12:34.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

so if you view the image does it show mother's maiden name? I don't have a subscription but I searched for George Thomas Holden registered birth 1859 at Bolton Lancs and it is there but would the image show his mother's maiden name which is the information I'm after?If anyone has subscription could they have a look for me?

Thanks
          Liz
          my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

the mothers maiden name isnt shown till about 1911 I think ?

Comment

Originally posted by congletonian View Post
              so if you view the image does it show mother's maiden name? I don't have a subscription but I searched for George Thomas Holden registered birth 1859 at Bolton Lancs and it is there but would the image show his mother's maiden name which is the information I'm after?If anyone has subscription could they have a look for me?

Thanks
              Liz
              Sorry ever one i made a BIG mistake you only view vol and page infomation so you can then order it
              :o
              Dom

Comment

It only shows the mother's maiden name in the index for births registered from 1911 Q3.

Comment

thanks everyone
                  so I need to pay up for the cert to get this info which is what I thought.Just checking before ordering in case I could save £9.50. Wouldn't it be good though if you could !!!!

Liz

Comment

Congletonian - look on lancs on line parish clerk- i think i found GT holden's baptism with father as robinson holden and then found robinson's marriage to a mary ann young. He married again later so i guess mary ann died.
                    hope itswhat you want!
                    Angelina

Comment

Many thanks Angelina I sent you a PM

Liz

Hi again Angelina

you said Robinson Holden married again later but where did you find his 2nd marriage?? I've looked but can't find it?

Liz
                      Last edited by congletonian; 15-07-10, 19:24.

Comment

I haven't got a subscription to FMP so I can't check, but do you get the same information that you get on FreeBMD.

June

Comment

LIz - I was having asenior moment about a second marriage on lancs online parish clerk - the second marriage was in fact his son george marrying someone!!! tho to make amends i have looked on familysearch pilot and found robinson holden marrying a jane in 1887 in staleybridge.
                          hope i am forgiven!
                          Angelina

Comment

Hi Angelina
                            I'm just relieved my Robinson's 2nd marriage wasn't there,I assumed it was me being hopeless at finding it!!!! I've come across the other Robinson before I think and I suspect he may be my Robinson's nephew or at least related in some way.My Robinson died in 1870. I'll take a look at the Staleybridge Robinson.
                            Thanks for your help

Liz

Comment

"You can now search by mother’s and father’s name at the same time to help find those elusive births"
                              How does that work? Presumably only for births after 1911? Is it by putting just the surname and also the mother's maiden name?

Comment

Working...
                              X