Where is Clara?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Clara?

Clara Davidovitch, a widow, passed away 21st June, 1927 aged 85. Her address was 98 Hessel Street Buildings, E1, and she was lastly in St Peter's Hospital.
    I’m trying to find Clara prior to 1927 and haven’t had much luck in 1911 or 1901. If I have the right person, she was definitely in the East End of London in 1898 as she appears in a wedding photo. Can anyone find her?

Sam Davidovitch married
    Clara Steerman
    Clara Kelberman ...both names registered for her in Sep qtr 1925....on freebmd...I put in DAVIDOVITCH and then for spouse I put in CLARA , and this was the only result...It seems a little late , considering she died in 1927 and was a widow...anyway...what I am trying to say is maybe you should look for CLARA STEERMAN or CLARA KELBERMAN in the 1911 1901 census...and how are you Naomiatt ? we haven`t spoke for ages ...you`ve helped me a lot over the last year...I hope the Clara I have found is yours , but I`ll be amazed if it is ..lol.....good luck....allan
    ADDED...forgot to say the marriage was in Mile End . London
    Last edited by garstonite; 15-07-10, 09:19.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Just searching free BMD for a marriage to anyone of that surname and wondered if Clara had been a different name at one time? There is a marriage December qr 1906 Bethnal Green for ABRAMOVITCH Chajah Rivah and DAVIDOVICH Isaac.
      Joy

Comment

Well yours looks more likely than mine Joy....allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Could be either

Just in case - in 1901 there is Clara ABRAMOVITZ
          Address: 31, Spelman Street, Spitalfields
          She is a tailoress, born in Russia, age 19, a boarder with Aaron KRESTIN and family.
          Joy

Comment

Can I ask whose wedding photo is she in? Forgive me if you've told me once already, I've a memory like a sieve these days, lol
            WendyP

Comment

Hi everyone, and thanks for the info. If Clara is the right person, she was widowed prior to coming to the UK.
              In the wedding photo, the happy faces one Wendy!!, there is a lady standing behind the bride, who could be Clara.
              The bride could be her daughter, Rosa who m Aaron Rabinovitch, June,1898, in the East End. In 1911, the address for Rosa and her family was 99 Morgan House, Hessell Street, when one of Rosa's daughters married in 1930, the address was 97/98 Hessell Street. I was hoping that 98 Hessell Street Buildings, is actually 97/98 Hessell Street. That sounds very confusing!!
              If it is my Clara, her Hebrew name was Glike. One of her daughters was Gita and Gita can equate to Clara. Glike can equate to Gertrude. I'm wondering if Glike and Gita morphed into the name of Clara.

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                Sam Davidovitch married
                Clara Steerman
                Clara Kelberman ...both names registered for her in Sep qtr 1925....on freebmd...I put in DAVIDOVITCH and then for spouse I put in CLARA , and this was the only result...It seems a little late , considering she died in 1927 and was a widow...anyway...what I am trying to say is maybe you should look for CLARA STEERMAN or CLARA KELBERMAN in the 1911 1901 census...and how are you Naomiatt ? we haven`t spoke for ages ...you`ve helped me a lot over the last year...I hope the Clara I have found is yours , but I`ll be amazed if it is ..lol.....good luck....allan
                ADDED...forgot to say the marriage was in Mile End . London
                Hi Allan - I'm fine thanks! Meant to add that before.......;D

Comment

Working...
                X