Photo clean up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo clean up please

Hi does anybody have the know how to clean up photo's up please, here's two that could do with a touch up.

-

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Fudgie; 14-07-10, 13:03.

hello Fudgie, I dont know if anyone has suggested this but if you ask on Family Tree Photos you might find someone with the skills, and the Photo program, to help, there are some very clever people here and I particularly remember seeing a photo brilliantly restored by Rachel Scand. The images havent come onto the site too well but perhaps if Rachel or someone was able to help, and if you emailed the photos, they might travel "better".

Also - I would (if I may) suggest you aim to get your images to around 200-400 kb because if the images are too small then they might lose clarity, at any rate this has been my experience when resizing images to enhance.

Comment

I had a go at it Fudgie - as I thought, your uploaded image of the family group was extremely small - 28 kb according to my computer. I managed to increase the size to 50kb and this is the best I can do - it would be worth your while to ask someone who is better than me at this kind of work.

and I increased the size on this image and emphasised the black and white but as its a copy of a newspaper item and not an original photo I dont think the "grainy" quality can be taken out.

However - as I said before, most likely one of the other people can do a far better job.
      Last edited by Christine Clissold; 15-07-10, 00:06. Reason: added 2nd image

Comment

Hi Christine,
        Thank you for trying and for your suggestion's, the family I did think I had a larger image of it somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it, anyway the group looks far better now, and like you say the other from a news paper, so we're limited there but it does look a little better.

Resized and now posted

Many thanks ;-)
        Last edited by Fudgie; 15-07-10, 09:39.

Comment

Working...
        X