Where is Miriam and her father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Miriam and her father?

Philip Black married Miriam Tishman in Manchester, 1906. By 1911 they were living at 8 Townley Street in Cheetham with their surviving child, Aaron.
    When they married, the address for the Black family was 15 Cotham Street, Cheetham and some members of that family were still there in 1911.
    Miriam was born around 1885 in ‘Russia’ and passed away in 1919 leaving Philip with four children. He re-married in 1928. Miriam’s father was Abraham Lewis Tishman. It does not say that he was deceased when Miriam married and nor was Philip’s father, Isaac Black. Can anybody find Miriam and her father prior to 1906?
    Sometimes Tishman shows as Tisman and now and again as Fishman.

there is a Abraham Tuchman born 1873 Spitalfields ? a Cap Machinist ?? says a boarder and married living in 159 Stepney green buildings Mile End??

Comment

What does the marriage cert say Abraham's occupation was?

Comment

Thanks Val - Miriam's death was reg June quarter, 1919, aged 36, Prestwich. I think the Abraham you found would be a bit young to be her father if she was born around 1883/1885..could be a relation maybe..

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post
          Hi - unfortunately the link where I saw the marriage on JGSGB is broken at the moment..

Comment

Just saw that the link will not be fixed until the weekend.....

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
              Just saw that the link will not be fixed until the weekend.....
              and it's still not fixed..in the meantime, can anyone see a Miriam T in 1901 that might fit the bill? Some of the Tishman's were in the East End at that time frame, originally from around 1885, when Miriam was born..although I've not come across an Abraham Lewis T until now.

Comment

Capital T, L and S are notorious for being mistranscribed. One of my family names is Lishman, and I've found it transcribed as Tishman and Sishman.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                  Capital T, L and S are notorious for being mistranscribed. One of my family names is Lishman, and I've found it transcribed as Tishman and Sishman.
                  Hi Uncle John - Yes, I've also found quite a few with the Tieman or Teiman spelling..and as you've probably found, on census info T's, S's and F's can look very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post
                    Hi - his occupation was General Dealer.

Comment

Working...
                    X