St Peter's, Thanet, Kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Peter's, Thanet, Kent

Does anyone have access to the parish registers of St Peter's, Thanet?

I'm interested in a marriage on 13th October 1702, for which IGI transcribes the groom's name as Wm Cowell and the bride as Martha Witherden.

Can anyone take a look and tell me whether or not the groom's surname might be Covell and not Cowell?

Thank you!
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Hi Somerset Sal,

I don't have access to the Parish registers, but on the new family search site it has the marriage listed three times and William's surname is listed as Couell, Cowell and Coaufell!

Kelly.

Comment

Oh blimey...
      Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Not St Peter's, but could be worth exploring here http://web.archive.org/web/200802070...bers.beeb.net/
        Joy

Comment

have you looked in our reference library Sal?

there are links there to other sites that might help..

in particular, there is 'city ark' which I believe has parish records.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
            Not St Peter's, but could be worth exploring here http://web.archive.org/web/200802070...bers.beeb.net/
            Thank you for this! I had this bookmarked but had software problems, lost all my bookmarks and are collecting them all over again - this was a good one and I'm relieved to find it again!

Comment

Thank you for this. I'm taking advantage of the service offered by the Kent Look Up Exchange!

Comment

Working...
              X