Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Peter Church, Oldham, Lancashire

Hi all,
    I am probably grasping at straws here, but I am sure the people I am looking for were married. Yes it's the Teer's again! LOL! I had a thought the other night, that since My OH's great grandmother was Chistened/baptised in this church ( as were all her siblings ), that perhaps she married there too. So, since St. Peters has only transcribed Baptisms, is there any way someone could actually look and search the registers? This would be a big favour for me since I am in Australia, and don't know anyone who personally lives in Manchester.

Jackie

PS. I am willing to pay for expenses incurred.
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Hiya Jaqueline.....http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/ has records for Oldham ...not all records are online....have a look also on
    http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html and go to click ...then put the full name / event / and year ......good luck....allan
    Added....sorry but nothing for St Peter, Oldham......St Mary , Oldham has records....you can also try www.lancashirebmd.org.uk as this usually gives the church they married in allan
    Last edited by garstonite; 11-07-10, 07:20.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hi Jaqueline,
      I live in OLDHAM and would be willing to look up the Parish Records. Please PM me with details if I can help.

Comment

Thank you garstonite, tried all those. Problem is not transcribed, therefore can't order cert.
        Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by holcan View Post
          Hi Jaqueline,
          I live in OLDHAM and would be willing to look up the Parish Records. Please PM me with details if I can help.
          Thank you kindly holcan. have pm'd you.

Comment

The records for St Peter are on microfilm at Manchester Local Archives.
            PAT

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
              The records for St Peter are on microfilm at Manchester Local Archives.
              I would still need someone to have a looksy for me. Can you then order the cert?
              Jackie

Comment

I posted before but it has disapeared. I may be able to go to the archives next week if Holcan can't find anything
                PAT

Comment

Thank you very much Pat. I will let you know what Holcan comes up with.
                  Jackie
                  BTW it disappeared cause the site was down for a while. My pm's disappeared too.

Comment

Who are you looking for, some of my family were married at this church. I live in Oldham

Christine

Comment

Pat,
                      Holcan looked through all the records for me and came up with nothing. So it's back to the drawing board.
                      Jackie

Comment

Christine. Thank you for your offer. Holcan searched for me and as I said above, he couldn't find anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X