Looking for George Thomas Ginn born 1907 in Hertford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for George Thomas Ginn born 1907 in Hertford

I have been asked to start on a friend's tree for her, but already I have a problem.

She knows her grandfather was
    George Thomas Gin, born Jun qtr 1907 in Hertford district

George dies 1995
    Listed as born 24th March 1907, dies Harlow district Aug 1995

I was hoping to find on 1911 census, so we did not have to buy certs at such an early stage to start tracing backwards.
    I have not been able to find him on the census, only a George who was age 17 and in the army, which is obviously too old.

SHe says George had siblings of William and (she thinks) a sister called Oriole, but does not know their DoB's

Can anyone do some lateral thinking on this?

Also, I am personally amazed how common George Thomas Ginn is as a name, does any one know why?

Thanks
    Trev

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Try George Thomas GLINN in 1911.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

There is a George Thomas Glinn, which might be a misranscription of Ginn, born Herts in 1907 and living in Herts, but there are 3 siblings, and they have the wrong names.

Comment

I have Ginns in my tree but no Thomas sorry ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Janet and Mary have the right Ginn
          I have verified by the marriage of the parents on BMD and 1901 census. I have even been able to folow back through all census as far as 1841.

So thanks very much for the 'break', now to show her how to put the meat on the bones etc (that's her task)

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Ah, that was a bit of luck

Comment

Working...
            X