Albert Rogers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Rogers

Hello, I wondered if someone could give me some help with finding out when my grandfather died. I believe he was born around 1890 (but not sure about this even)but I believe that he married my grandmother in 1904 Sarah Alice Bool (in 1904 bristol 3rd quarterSeptember quarter (i.e. Jul, Aug, Sep) at Bristol in 1904 6A 173) but having done a search on FreeBMD guessing when he might of died I didn't seem to get any relevant matches. I wondered if this was because he might have died in war and that isn't picked up on FreeBMD. Not sure if this info is of any help but my own father was born in Bedwelty Wales Any help will be gratefully received. kind regards Ali

Just to check that you've explored all the avenues, FreeBMD deaths are patchy beyond 1915 and don't go much beyond 1920. You need to be looking in the 1915 to 2005 transcribed death index on Ancestry or the equivalent in Find My Past.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I see from the marriage his name was Alfred Rogers ? yet you say Albert ???? did they stay in Bristol after the marriage ?
      Last edited by Guest; 07-07-10, 23:01.

Comment

have you found her death ??? there is a Sarah Alice Rogers born 1882 died 1972 Bristol

Comment

ooh, sorry, seems I am not good at this research stuff I thought I'd found out Sarah married Albert but clearly that seems wrong (my father never talked about his father because he felt he had left him) Anyway you guys are obviously great 'cos I thought I had read Albert (when I started first research I did get quite confused by the info that I found) but (for Val) yes Sarah Alice Bool (my grandmother did die in 1972) but Val I don't know whether they did stayed in Bristol, my father was born in Wales (Bedwelty, like some of this siblings) but I think my grandmother may have been born in Somerset. So I think she might have moved to Bristol on marrying my grandfather they moved to Wales than then at some point she moved back to Bristol,where she died. I believe 3 of her other children lived in Bristol at at the time of her death (2 of my father's sisters Violet (first name Sarah, Lili (lilian) and a brother which I think was known as William). But I don't know what happened to my grandfather Alfred. Thanks for all your quick responses.

Comment

Alfred Rogers is a fairly common name and therefore it is going to be difficult to pick out a possibility in the death index without knowing his age.
            I think the first thing you need to do is to try to establish his age by finding the family in the 1911 census. You know Sarah and Albert married in 1904 - do you know of any children that were born before 1911 which might help to identify the correct family in the 1911 census?

Checking free BMD there's another possible sibling - Agnes E Rogers born Bristol 1916, mother's maiden name BOOL. There is also a death registration for Agnes in Bristol in 1917, age 1.

Sarah V Rogers (MMN Bool) was born in Bedwelty in 1912 - so they may be found in Wales in 1911, rather than Bristol.
            Elaine

Comment

Was he really only 14 when he married? Not impossible, but very unlikely.

OC

Comment

Ali

I think the first course of action would be to order your Grans death cert, (if you havent already got it that is) this will give you name of informant and address, (and if you are lucky it could be your grandfather that was the informant). This will then give you a point of ref to work through to find his death.

if the marriage date of 1904 is correct, presuming that they were 21 when married, this would give a rough year of birth as 1883, so this would tie in nicely with the death of Sarah being born in 1883. (and it would also mean that your grandad wasnt born in 1890, but rather the same sort of time as Sarah, 1883)

Once you are armed with the facts, then you can proceed to finding the other bits of info you require. So if it were me, then I'd get Sarahs death cert, then the marriage cert and also one of the childrens birth certs, as this will confirm parents names and address and occupation for the father.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Ali, did you get the marriage cert for Albert and Sarah Alice Bool? If so what is his age shown as and his father's name and occupation? This will give a better idea of his date of birth so we can look for a likely death.
                  Margaret
                  PS Alig99had an earlier thread on this but I don't know how to point to it.

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                    PS Alig99had an earlier thread on this but I don't know how to point to it.
                    previous thread:

(Margaret, you just need to copy the url)
                    Elaine

Comment

I did try that Elaine but it didn't seem to work - must practise!
                      Margaret

Comment

Julie thanks for replying. I was guessing the date of birth for my grandfather as the family tree I use insists that I put something in (sorry to confuse everyone) I've ordered certs and looking forward to seeing what they say. Again thanks for the advice.

Comment

Margaret I did indeed start my first post about my grandfather, but it sort of headed off on a different route. And also I started getting confused with all the info I found. Hope I didn't do wrong posting again on the same topic. Ali

Comment

Hi Ali,
                            Sorry didn't mean to make it sound as though you had done something wrong, just thought it would help others to see what we had found before.
                            It's perfectly fine to start new threads on different angles of the same search.
                            Did you wirte to that person in Bristol we found and if so have you had any reply yet?
                            Margaret

Comment

Working...
                            X