Dont laugh but ??? Unknown people appearing in my Ancestry Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont laugh but ??? Unknown people appearing in my Ancestry Tree

Last night I had a lot of trouble adding names and census records to my tree on Ancestry so finally gave up.
    Tonight I just went to people with hints and I seem to have people I have never heard of and there is nobody attached to them??
    Is it possible ?? or am I going mad?

Not sure what to say Val! :D

Do you add the names to your tree manually or do you use the Ancestry "attach" option. If you are using the latter then I suppose things could have gone wrong at the Ancestry end and wrong names have been attached to your tree.
    Elaine

Comment

I never used that facility - but (if it's possible) have you left a door open for someone else to add to your tree?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

it depends Elaine but I always check the names and anyway these are by themselves no families attached to them ???? really odd.
        I was looking at the names with hints tonight and noticed this name I had never heard of and its not like a common name its Hannah Bell Paul ??????? which made me go to look at the family and there wasnt any ?

Comment

Hi Christine as far as I know its private I dont give anybody access to edit it .

Comment

I really cannot suggest a sensible explanation as to what's happened, but it sure reinforces my theory that you should never keep your master tree on Ancestry! ;)
            Elaine

Comment

I do have it on FTM too Elaine and regularily update it, I am going to look through my names and email Ancestry.

Comment

Working...
              X