Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow start up time, anyone used this program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow start up time, anyone used this program?

I was just reading about this over on Martin Lewis' techi board. Ive downloaded it with trepidation as my start up on here takes ages or so it seems when you are desperate to do some urgent letters or invoices.

It runs when you start up your computer and analyses what items are starting up. It then tells you which items are essential, so dont touch them, which ones you could take off and some you may want to delay. You can carry on typing or surfing whilst its doing it as it takes about 5 or so minutes - or did when I had a go.

Anyway I had a bash and it told me that my start up time was 2 minutes 10 seconds. It then told me what items were starting up and how long each took to start up. It then gave me options to delay some items from starting until after the computer had generally booted up.

So heart in mouth I looked at what it called the No brainer list - those that couldnt harm the puter if you delayed them and some I dont even recognise so I left them but I did click on delay for the HP imagining item, the kaspersky internet security and a couple of other things. I then restarted and the start up time was halved.

The ones I delayed appeared after start up and before I connected to the internet.

Do you reckon its safe to use, seems ok and cor, it was fast to start up compared with normal?

"Soluto bills itself as an "Anti-Frustration Software", and it's not hard to see why—it tracks all the applications in your system boot process, and tells you exactly which ones are slowing you down.

Once you've installed the software and rebooted your PC, Soluto springs into action, tracking every single process that runs during the boot process, and then allows you to easily drill down into the list of processes to see exact times for each one. To make it easier for the layman to understand what processes can be removed, the applications are grouped into "No-brainer" or "Potentially removable" groups. "

Oh it says if you uninstall the program, all the start up items will be reinstalled again on start up.

PC World and other experts seem to think its good.

Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 06-07-10, 13:37.

Did you read the EULA (End User Licence Agreement) that you 'accepted' before installing?

"
    PRIVACY. Soluto is committed to respecting Your privacy and the confidentiality of Your personal data. However, if You install the Software on Your computer in order to improve the
    performance of Your computer, Soluto will be able to collect information on performance of various applications on Your computer,certain web applications used by Your computer, usage patterns of applications on Your computer and websites that You are visiting.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Umm MS and Google been doing that for years, gets harder to protect your personal info, anyway's you would probably be better off using msconfig and a bit of regular housekeeping IMHO.

reagrds
      Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Working...
      X