Can anybody find her death??? or even a remarriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody find her death??? or even a remarriage

Lydia Graveney (nee Physic) her husband died in 1853 cannot find her in 1871 or her death
    Thanks

Is that the one b Hornby, Lancs, and aged 59 in 1851, with husband John, a paper maker?

(I don't have a current Ancestry sub, so need more info to be able to get the basics with which to search.)

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have you tried looking at what her children were doing?
      Could she be staying with any of them?

Could she have re-married?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks yes thats the one Christine, she would have been more than 65 so didnt really think she would have remarried ?
        will see if maybe she us with any of the 11 children UGH

Comment

Thanks yes thats the one Christine, she would have been more than 65 so didnt really think she would have remarried ?
          I have a Jane BENNETT in my tree (not a direct ancestor):
          • bap 12 May 1830, Bradford [C107652]
          • m1 1858q3 Lutterworth 7a-14 William REED (READ)
          • m2 1875q2 B'ham 6d-294 George CHAPLIN
          • m3 1893q1 B'ham 6d-189 Francis NORTHALL
          • died after 1911

I think that means that a re-marriage shouldn't be ruled out.

Christine

Comment

There is a death on freeBMD (Ancestry) as follows

Lydia Graniney
            1864 Apr-May-Jun
            Hatfield
            Volume: 3a
            Page: 217

Click on view image and then scroll through to image 90 (top right of screen) - and you will see a Lydia Graveney - registration district Watford, vol. 3a, p 217.

- so a badly mistranscribed entry - not only the name incorrect but also the registration district!

Update - I have submitted a correction to Ancestry.
            Elaine

Comment

Cor Christine some women are gluttons for punishment
              Elaine you darling thanks so much I would never have found that and thanks for submitting a correction.

Comment

Working...
              X