Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

William Edward Oakes b 1877 Garston Liverpool...death ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Edward Oakes b 1877 Garston Liverpool...death ?

Good morning ...I was convinced that FTF members found this for me , but when I checked the search box I couldn`t find it....so....I have just been on hot matches on GR and on my gg grandfathers gedcom details I have him "lost at sea" year unknown...
    My dad told me he was lost at sea during the war...
    I AM CONVINCED that about 2 years ago someone on FTF found his death in the 1920`s here in Garston / Liverpool
    so may I ask if someone can find the death of William Edward Oakes b 1877 Garston , Liverpool ..I may be wrong ,but I think it was 1920`s...my dad was born feb 1926..William was my dads grandad
    and I promise I will put the info in W E `s gedcom straight away...which I should have done 2 years ago......thank you....allan:o:o:o
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

There is a death on Ancestry for William E Oakes in 1925 4th quarter
    Age at death is 48, therefore born c1877

Liverpool
    Volume: 8b
    Page: 241
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine....I knew I`d seen this before.....it`s not on Lancsbmd.....should I buy the cert for confirmation ? ...allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

If you want to be sure, then yes I would get the certificate.
        I've checked back to see if there were any other William E Oakes born c1877 in Lancs, and the only other one in the birth index with the middle initial E was born in 1878 in Manchester - but of course that doesn't mean that this is the right one for yours!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine......apprecite your help...again....lol.....allan

Comment

Nowhere near as fast as Elaine... and the only William Edward Oakes that I found was a witness at a weeding of Mary Oakes at St Mary the Virgin in Prescot.. her father was John Oakes a licensed Victualer... if it is him he would have been only 17 when he witnessed the marriage or there were two William Edward Oakes in the area

Comment

Thanks Colin, but Prescot is about 11 miles away and that is a different Oakes family to mine..mine came over the Mersey in 1871 to Garston....that Oakes family are St Helens / Prescot situated....I do appreciate your input....any info is valuable.....cheers....allan

Comment

Working...
              X