Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mary, Edith and Albert Cunningham 1911 census?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary, Edith and Albert Cunningham 1911 census?

Having found the parents and two siblings of the above with everyones help - thank you! I'm now searching for the following: Mary born 1882, Edith born 1889 and Albert born 1890. All born in Northampton. I'm wondering if any of them are listed in the 1911 census as I believe they all stayed in Northampton. Obviously, I don't know any married names if Mary or Edith did get married - but I'm sure that Albert must be there some where. Thanks for any help offered.

Albert Cunningham born 1891 St. James Northampton is in the 1911 census on GR. Oddly, no present location is shown.

There's a Mary Ann Cunningham born 1883 Northampton living in Warrington.

But no sign of Edith, unless she's married or mistranscribed.
    Last edited by Uncle John; 01-07-10, 19:10. Reason: More info.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

There is an Edith Elizabeth Cunningham married Sept Qtr 1907 in Northampton district

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
        Albert Cunningham born 1891 St. James Northampton is in the 1911 census on GR. Oddly, no present location is shown.
        Albert mentioned above was in military service in Malta

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
          There's a Mary Ann Cunningham born 1883 Northampton living in Warrington.
          That Mary Ann is her MARRIED name, she is the wife of Charles Cunningham, so not who you are looking for.

There is a marriage of a Mary Cunningham in June Qtr 1906 Northampton registration district
          Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 01-07-10, 21:07. Reason: added marriage info

Researching:

Comment

Thank you to everyone for all your help.

Comment

Could you tell me how you know he was in military service in Malta.

Comment

The 1911 census contains data from Overseas military establishments and the Royal Navy at Sea - so presumably Trevor has found him in barracks in Malta.
                Elaine

Comment

That's very interesting, thank you.

Comment

That's correct Elaine, but I could not give full details because for the copyright agreement with FindMyPast for the 1911 census

Researching:

Comment

I gathered that Trevor.
                      Sooties, in case you are wondering why we are all being a bit cagey as to the contents of the 1911 census it is because Findmypast have rather strict Terms and Conditions which state that subscribers should not do lookups for other people. Don't want you to think we are being unhelpful - just cautious!
                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
                        Albert mentioned above was in military service in Malta
                        Is there any way I could find out what happened to him after Malta?

Comment

Oh, I didn't realise. Thanks for trying though.

Comment

If Albert was in the Army in 1911, it's quite possible he continued in service during WW1.
                            There is a medal card on Ancestry for Albert Cunningham, Private 2nd Northamptonshire Regiment, Regimental nos. 8857 and 70070

I have just checked Ancesty to see if there are any Army Service or Pension records which match these numbers but I can't see anything.
                            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                              If Albert was in the Army in 1911, it's quite possible he continued in service during WW1.
                              There is a medal card on Ancestry for Albert Cunningham, Private 2nd Northamptonshire Regiment, Regimental nos. 8857 and 70070

I have just checked Ancesty to see if there are any Army Service or Pension records which match these numbers but I can't see anything.
                              That is the correct regiment from the 1911 record I gave

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                              X